Author Topic: (Version 3.1) Spotify Integration Plugin  (Read 103033 times)

zkhcohen

There's another bug with a timer overflow....

I'm extremely busy irl so it might take a while to update.

giancarlo_bar

Thanks zkhcohen for your work, it's a good plugin I hope for updates soon, unfortunately many times I read "No Track Found!" or maybe it's me that I don't understand how it integrates with my library, thanks again Giancarlo.

zkhcohen

Thanks zkhcohen for your work, it's a good plugin I hope for updates soon, unfortunately many times I read "No Track Found!" or maybe it's me that I don't understand how it integrates with my library, thanks again Giancarlo.

If it says "No Track Found!" then either Spotify doesn't have the song in their database, or the song is named incorrectly in your library.

giancarlo_bar

Thanks zkhcohen for the answer, I checked on Spotify there is the song, I also tried with the TAG title album online to update these but they seem correct, it happens on some tracks, very strange, thanks Regards Giancarlo.

Bluebatt109

Hey, zhkcohen,

First of all, thanks for making a plugin to integrate Spotify into Musicbee. It all looks very good, but I am having problems with getting it to work properly. I have the Musicbee Windows Store version, and when I add the plugin, via your zipfile, I am unable to get it to configure, or do much. Is there something I am missing? What would you suggest. Wish you all the best.
-Bluebatt

zkhcohen

Hey, zhkcohen,

First of all, thanks for making a plugin to integrate Spotify into Musicbee. It all looks very good, but I am having problems with getting it to work properly. I have the Musicbee Windows Store version, and when I add the plugin, via your zipfile, I am unable to get it to configure, or do much. Is there something I am missing? What would you suggest. Wish you all the best.
-Bluebatt

Sorry, I have no idea how the Window Store version differs, and I don't plan on supporting it since its release cycle is very slow.

I would highly recommend switching to the primary build if possible.

HamidZaeri

Hi
I can't start this plugin!
I have installed the plugin and it is shown in preferences -> plugins, but don't know how to use it?

frankz

anffna

Hi man, how are you? how about something like last.fm recommendations?

zkhcohen

Hi man, how are you? how about something like last.fm recommendations?

That's already integrated in the Music Explorer.

ioomusicbee

Hi,

I am trying to get the plugin working. I have MusicBee 3.3.7141 P and Spotify Integration Plugin 2.0.2. I was able to copy the files to my plugins folder. When I go to Edit Preferences-Plugins-mb_Spotify_plugins there is a configure button however when I press it nothing happens.

I added the Spotify panel to a new Music bee view. It says "No Track Found" when I click on this I get "Bad ID"

If I click on The title header and select "Re-authenticate" I am taken to a Spotify webpage, I enter my credentials then I am taken to a a page:

http://localhost:4002/auth?access_token=...&token_type=Bearer&expire

on this page I see the following:

Json tab: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Raw Data tab: OK - This window can be closed now
Headers:

Cache-Control no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Content-Encoding gzip
Content-Length 54
Content-Type application/json; charset=utf-8
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2019 05:13:03 GMT
Expires Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT
Keep-Alive timeout=15,max=99
Last-Modified Wed, 27 Nov 2019 05:13:03 GMT
Pragma no-cache
Server embedio/2.0
Accept text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate
Accept-Language en-US,en;q=0.5
Connection keep-alive
DNT 1
Host localhost:4002
Referer http://localhost:4002/
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests 1
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0

This is as far as I can get, if I go back to Spotify it still says "No Track found" so it doesn't look like it passes the credential back to MusicBee. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks.
Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 05:22:32 AM by ioomusicbee

zkhcohen

Hi,

I am trying to get the plugin working. I have MusicBee 3.3.7141 P and Spotify Integration Plugin 2.0.2. I was able to copy the files to my plugins folder. When I go to Edit Preferences-Plugins-mb_Spotify_plugins there is a configure button however when I press it nothing happens.

I added the Spotify panel to a new Music bee view. It says "No Track Found" when I click on this I get "Bad ID"

If I click on The title header and select "Re-authenticate" I am taken to a Spotify webpage, I enter my credentials then I am taken to a a page:

http://localhost:4002/auth?access_token=...&token_type=Bearer&expire

on this page I see the following:

Json tab: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Raw Data tab: OK - This window can be closed now
Headers:

Cache-Control no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
Content-Encoding gzip
Content-Length 54
Content-Type application/json; charset=utf-8
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2019 05:13:03 GMT
Expires Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT
Keep-Alive timeout=15,max=99
Last-Modified Wed, 27 Nov 2019 05:13:03 GMT
Pragma no-cache
Server embedio/2.0
Accept text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding gzip, deflate
Accept-Language en-US,en;q=0.5
Connection keep-alive
DNT 1
Host localhost:4002
Referer http://localhost:4002/
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests 1
User-Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0

This is as far as I can get, if I go back to Spotify it still says "No Track found" so it doesn't look like it passes the credential back to MusicBee. What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hmm.. It's still working for me. I would try a different browser. It might be a setting in Firefox.

BriAsylum13

I just installed this plug in last night and it's great. :) Two questions though....If this was asked before, forgive me. Are you going to add a way to always stay logged into Spotify with it? I don't like how I always seem to have to re-authenticate. Also, can tracks be added automatically when played, or do you have to click and manual add them.

zkhcohen

I just installed this plug in last night and it's great. :) Two questions though....If this was asked before, forgive me. Are you going to add a way to always stay logged into Spotify with it? I don't like how I always seem to have to re-authenticate. Also, can tracks be added automatically when played, or do you have to click and manual add them.

The only way for it to stay authenticated would be for me to implement a different authentication type, and unfortunately it would either require the end-user to enter their own API key and recompile the entire plugin, or for me to host an external server to shuttle the requests through.

Another MusicBee user is currently working on the automatic-adding functionality. I'll let you know if he publicly releases it.

jhlogin

I appreciate the work on integrating MusicBee and Spotify.  But this integration is not really what I was hoping for.  What I'd like is what numerous people on Spotify's forums have been clamoring for - a single music player which can handle playlists containing streamed music from Spotify along with local .flac files.  Spotify is missing many songs and albums, and while their desktop client does support mixing local and streamed music together it only handles local .mp3 files.  Spotify has declared they will not be supporting .flac files for the foreseeable future despite acknowledging all the demand for this feature:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Local-FLAC-Playback/idi-p/124168

I'd like this Spotify integration to work one of two ways:

a) ability to drag songs from the Spotify client into MusicBee, creating an entry in the library we can then add to playlists along with local files
b) ability to browse our 'Liked' songs list from Spotify directly in MusicBee client, and then again add those songs along with local files into playlists

Obviously those things are contingent on what the Spotify API allows for.  I do think though that if MusicBee allows for the mixing and matching of local .flac and Spotify streams that will bring you a lot of new users due to the limitations of the Spotify client.