Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310681 times)

BoringName

Ok, I've done a tips and tricks post, it's very similar to the post I made in this thread initially. Let me know if I should add anything else. I might add a few images later if people are finding it too difficult to navigate Android Studio.

phred

• Global Moderator
Looks good, but I do think your suggestion about adding some screenshots will make it even more helpful. "A picture is worth a thousand words."
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

I was a bit reluctant to add a direct link to an APK.
1. I thought it was good for people to do it themselves as they can see the original code and know what changes had been made,  even if they didn't fully understand them, I think it's fairly clear none of the changes are malicious.
2. Linking APK's could lead to a situation where a bunch of people start linking their "version" and I don't like the idea of people getting in the habit of just installing things from random people on the internet. Once you have a bunch of unofficial versions floating around it would be easy for someone to take advantage of that.
3. I didn't want to do it unless Steven was ok with it. While he has said he wants someone else to take it over, he hasn't said he was ok with linking to a custom APK. I haven't messaged him directly, I'm sure he gets hassled enough.

That being said, linking to an APK would be the best option for most people. I doubt a lot of people want to mess around with android studio and coding.

as the original apk is available on github as source code, maybe it's worth to fork/clone this project, change what is needed to make the project compatible with android 11/12, and make a source/binary release of apk? anyone could check modified source code and recompile it if he/she wants.

BoringName

as the original apk is available on github as source code, maybe it's worth to fork/clone this project, change what is needed to make the project compatible with android 11/12, and make a source/binary release of apk? anyone could check modified source code and recompile it if he/she wants.

That's probably a good idea..... I'll see what I can do there.

I upgraded my phone to an Android 13 ROM today. Wiped the phone completely and installed the SDK 30 APK version I have. it prompted me to give it file permissions and off it went. The only strange thing is it didn't prompt me to select a folder on the phone, I assume it just used the sync settings in MusicBee. As it had full file access I guess it didn't need to prompt me for access to an individual folder which means I probably did something right with the code.

MrVain712

Hello together,

i have now the problem too that i cant more syncing between PC and my Android 12 Phone (Oppo Find X5 Pro) i get the message "To protect your privacy, please choose another folder" but i dont understand what i must do, that it work again... Can you help me please? :)

oneformula

sadly, the APK trick w/ android studio isn't going to work for me. or anyone with google's advanced protection as only apps and APKs e pre-loaded or from the google store are allowed.

any way to have the musicbee wifi app updated in the store?????
Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:54:52 PM by oneformula

BoringName

sadly, the APK trick w/ android studio isn't going to work for me. or anyone with google's advanced protection as only apps and APKs e pre-loaded or from the google store are allowed.

any way to have the musicbee wifi app updated in the store?????

You could opt out of advanced protection but probably not the best idea to take advice from a stranger on the internet about your google account.

At some point an updated version might hit the play store but I wouldn't hold my breath. Steven doesn't want to support it anymore so even if I upload some of my altered code it doesn't mean he will take it and upload to the play store. Even if he did it might get rejected as google don't really like apps using the "Manage all files" permissions unless it's really necessary. I don't want to take it over, at least not yet.

To answer the query on your other post. You can sync music via USB but you can't sync play counts or rating with that method.

oneformula

dang.... if i cannot sync my playcounts, i think MediaMonkey is my best choice.

BoringName

Can anyone confirm this working? Is it safe (no malware, software bugs, battery drain,...)?

I can't confirm if it works but that app has been around for quite a long time, it is a legitimate app. But I wouldn't be using the link in the video description. Download it from the play store.

It looks like it basically just creates a shortcut to the storage location, the app calls it a bookmark but it sounds like a shortcut. So when you select the shortcut it uses the permissions given to MiXplorer to access the folder. So this fix would probably stop working if you uninstall MiXplorer at any point.

I have no idea if that is how it's actually working, just my interpretation of what might be going on.

Bougicien

Can anyone confirm this working? Is it safe (no malware, software bugs, battery drain,...)?

I can't confirm if it works but that app has been around for quite a long time, it is a legitimate app. But I wouldn't be using the link in the video description. Download it from the play store.

It looks like it basically just creates a shortcut to the storage location, the app calls it a bookmark but it sounds like a shortcut. So when you select the shortcut it uses the permissions given to MiXplorer to access the folder. So this fix would probably stop working if you uninstall MiXplorer at any point.

I have no idea if that is how it's actually working, just my interpretation of what might be going on.

Oh okay, thanks for the tip. Won't be buying the app now but if anyone has any safety checks on his link let me know.

tomboudiboudi

Hi  :)

I tried to sync my Android 11with Musicbee Wifi Sync, but I get sync failure from the App and Musicbee itself every time...
Here is the message from the app : "A non-recoverable error occured during synchronization process. Restart the app and try again."

Here is my Musicbee Wifi Sync app's error log, if someone could take a look:

Code
[2022-11-01: Xperia XZ2 Compact;  11;  2.0.0
15:10:10: tryStart0: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:13: tryStart1: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:16: tryStart2: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:19: tryStart3: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:22: tryStart4: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:25: tryStart5: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:29: tryStart6: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:32: tryStart7: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:35: tryStart8: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:38: tryStart9: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:41: tryStart10: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:45: tryStart11: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:48: tryStart12: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:51: tryStart13: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:54: tryStart14: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:10:58: tryStart15: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:11:01: tryStart16: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49
15:11:04: tryStart17: java.net.SocketException: java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 49

And the typicals lines according to MB error log :

Code
01.11.22 15:10:08 - Copy C:\Users\Tom\Music\Mount Kimbie\Love What Survives Remixes - Part 2\02 Mount Kimbie - Four Years and One Day (Gerd Janson Remix).mp3 to Xperia XZ2 Compact\Carte SD Samsung\Music\Mount Kimbie\Love What Survives Remixes - Part 2\02 - Four Years and One Day (Gerd Janson Remix).mp3
01.11.22 15:10:08 - 10.0.22621.0 - 3.4.8033.18564D - WifiSyncAbort: Données non valides détectées lors du décodage.

01.11.22 15:10:08 - Copy C:\Users\Tom\Music\Mount Kimbie\Maybes\01 Mount Kimbie - Maybes.mp3 to Xperia XZ2 Compact\Carte SD Samsung\Music\Mount Kimbie\Maybes\01 - Maybes.mp3
01.11.22 15:10:08 - 10.0.22621.0 - 3.4.8033.18564D - WifiSyncAbort: Données non valides détectées lors du décodage.

01.11.22 15:10:08 - Copy C:\Users\Tom\Music\Princess Nokia\1992 Deluxe\01. Bart Simpson.mp3 to Xperia XZ2 Compact\Carte SD Samsung\Music\Princess Nokia\1992 Deluxe\1-01 - Bart Simpson.mp3

01.11.22 15:10:08 - Copy C:\Users\Tom\Music\Princess Nokia\1992 Deluxe\04. Brujas.mp3 to Xperia XZ2 Compact\Carte SD Samsung\Music\Princess Nokia\1992 Deluxe\1-04 - Brujas.mp3
01.11.22 15:10:08 - 10.0.22621.0 - 3.4.8033.18564D - WifiSyncAbort: Impossible d'écrire les données sur la connexion de transport : Une connexion établie a été abandonnée par un logiciel de votre ordinateur hôte.

01.11.22 15:10:08 - Copy C:\Users\Tom\Music\Princess Nokia\1992 Deluxe\05. Mine.mp3 to Xperia XZ2 Compact\Carte SD Samsung\Music\Princess Nokia\1992 Deluxe\1-05 - Mine.mp3
01.11.22 15:10:08 - 10.0.22621.0 - 3.4.8033.18564D - WifiSyncAbort: Impossible d'écrire les données sur la connexion de transport : Une connexion établie a été abandonnée par un logiciel de votre ordinateur hôte.

01.11.22 15:10:08 - Copy C:\Users\Tom\Music\Princess Nokia\1992 Deluxe\06. Excellent.mp3 to Xperia XZ2 Compact\Carte SD Samsung\Music\Princess Nokia\1992 Deluxe\1-06 - Excellent.mp3

MB version : 3.4.8033
MB Wifi Sync version : 2.0.0 (69)
GMMP version : 3.2.9
Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 03:37:46 PM by tomboudiboudi

BoringName

Hi  :)

I tried to sync my Android 11with Musicbee Wifi Sync, but I get sync failure from the App and Musicbee itself every time...
Here is the message from the app : "A non-recoverable error occured during synchronization process. Restart the app and try again."

Here is my Musicbee Wifi Sync app's error log, if someone could take a look:
MB version : 3.4.8033
MB Wifi Sync version : 2.0.0 (69)
GMMP version : 3.2.9

It says something about the connection getting reset. I would make sure your firewall is setup correctly and antivirus is excluding MusicBee.

Towchain

Try this works on me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77Jjrj8AnBs&t=4s&ab_channel=FrEaKk51

I can confirm it works. I followed the instructions in the video and just successfully synched a playlist from my PC to Android 12. Cost $5 for the Mixplorer file manager app but I had a play store balance to burn.  Thanks, Lonewolf07!!!