Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310575 times)

Hiphopopotamus

OMG..  : ??? We will also lose WIFI sync..  :o   :-[  :'(

Sympathies all round..

frankz

You have my sympathy. I'm heading in the same direction. My Galaxy isn't holding its charge as well as it used to. I will keep it going as long as I possibly can as I don't want to use OS11 and be forced back to a USB sync.
I use wifi sync on Android 11 every day.  It's only reverse sync to GoneMad (that I don't use) that doesn't work.

BTW What's with this OS9/OS11 talk? These aren't mac computers  ::)

phred

• Global Moderator
BTW What's with this OS9/OS11 talk? These aren't mac computers  ::)
HOT DAMN!!! I'm good to go to 11 as I don't reverse sync.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Hiphopopotamus

WIFI sync works with OS / Android 11 .. ?? Woohoo !!

I'll now stop trying to work out (and failing) how to USB sync  ;D

bkev

Yep. I can confirm that syncing FROM PC to Android 11 does work. If songs are added or removed that sync to Android (I use a smart playlist) it works.

The thing that doesn't work is if you wanted ratings or playcounts syncing BACK to the PC as the WiFi app is unable to read the Gonemad stats.xml file due to Android file permissions.

Having said that, I have somehow managed to compile the app myself with the patch that has been submitted on GitHub and this does fix the issue for me so I'm pretty happy!

DruZilla219

The one thing I'd want to be able to do is have the app sync music and such to a specific sub folder on my microSD Card, because I have a large handful of other things saved there that are organized in their own respective folders that I don't need the app to worry about.

Steven

• Administrator
The one thing I'd want to be able to do is have the app sync music and such to a specific sub folder on my microSD Card, because I have a large handful of other things saved there that are organized in their own respective folders that I don't need the app to worry about.
you can specify the folder name in the naming template. By default its Music\ but can be changed

MCDoubleDefDP

WARNING: If you are running Android 12 Beta 4, DO NOT not clear the MusicBee Wifi Sync app's data or you will lock yourself out of using it. The app will ask you to select the root folder of your SD card in order to sync, but Android will prevent you due to a '"Can't use this folder: To protect your privacy, choose another folder" message. If you try to grant access to a subfolder, the MusicBee app will then tell you that you can't use a subfolder. As long as you set up wifi sync before Beta 4, you will be fine.

Here are some screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/Uh9ttZ5.

Right before posting this comment, I stumbled upon this Reddit post where someone is having the exact same issue, but with a different app, so it seems something changed in Beta 4. The user created an request in Google's issue tracker, so please consider starring it so they will hopefully revert the change: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/196422354. Thank you in advance.

Blackened

Request, can I make a request where there's an option of the file transfer would automatically convert into High Quality conversion on either playlist or regular transfer? Most of my songs are on 320kbps so I need to be conservative on the quality size below 320kbps or lossless.

Morrisonville

Any tips on how to QA issues? I've got an old phone (LG V30) that I use for music and backup sim card - i.e. its on old version of Android and won't get update. Wifi Sync worked fine before I took a trip. Came back home and I can't get anything except the "Server not found. Ensure MusicBee is running and Windows Firewall is not blocking MusicBee". I did nothing to either the phone or the laptop on my trip, home internet is the same as before i left, etc. No change and I'm stuck on how to QA to fix.

phred

• Global Moderator
Request, can I make a request where there's an option of the file transfer would automatically convert into High Quality conversion on either playlist or regular transfer? Most of my songs are on 320kbps so I need to be conservative on the quality size below 320kbps or lossless.
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. I read it as you want to automatically convert a low(er) quality file into a high quality. That's a big mistake as once a file is low quality, converting it to high quality doesn't really do anything to improve the quality. The only way to get high quality would be to re-rip from the original source.

But if you want to do it anyway, there are 'on-the-fly' conversion options in the config settings for the device.
Preferences > Devices > [choose device] > settings > on-the-fly conversion
Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:56:47 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Any tips on how to QA issues? I've got an old phone (LG V30) that I use for music and backup sim card
I'm using an LG V20 running Android OS v8 with a 512gb sd card and having no issues. I'd suggest uninstalling the WiFi app from the phone, restarting the phone, and then reinstalling the app. If that doesn't solve the issue, you may have to turn on the app's logging feature, but I'd wait until Steven weighs in on this.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Morrisonville

Any tips on how to QA issues? I've got an old phone (LG V30) that I use for music and backup sim card
I'm using an LG V20 running Android OS v8 with a 512gb sd card and having no issues. I'd suggest uninstalling the WiFi app from the phone, restarting the phone, and then reinstalling the app. If that doesn't solve the issue, you may have to turn on the app's logging feature, but I'd wait until Steven weighs in on this.

Thanks - I did just try this now and still no luck. I've restarted phone and laptop, used VPN, turned off VPN, tried wired sync to see if it work after ... nothing seems to work.

phred

• Global Moderator
tried wired sync to see if it work after ... nothing seems to work.
If wired sync isn't working, you've got something else going on. Is the phone unlocked when you connect it to USB? Make sure it is. And if you haven't done a wired sync before, you need to do one (or at least a wired preview) before the WiFi sync will work.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Morrisonville

tried wired sync to see if it work after ... nothing seems to work.
If wired sync isn't working, you've got something else going on. Is the phone unlocked when you connect it to USB? Make sure it is. And if you haven't done a wired sync before, you need to do one (or at least a wired preview) before the WiFi sync will work.

Wired sync works now and worked before. When wifi sync wouldn't work, I tried everything I could think of - one of which was to sync wired once and hope wifi would work after. Wifi still didn't work after that though. I've tried everything I can think of and still can't get it to work. It's just odd that it worked fine before my two week trip, but when I came back it won't.