Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310543 times)

Haljeff

It Appears that Musicbranz replaces "-" with "–". After Adding tracks with this character it fails. After search and replace all seems to working correctly.
Tried duplicating fix on my second device without success. It seems something else maybe going on. Have exact same library on phone and tablet. Phone works Tablet doesn't. Not Sure if fix on phone was a fluke or there are more than one issue
can you be specific with the error message you see in the GoneMad error log?
GoneMad wasn't logging any errors. Did factory reset on Device reloaed library and after several atemps at sync on fourth or fifth try it starting syncing properly. Thanks for the help. 

TeutonJon78

@TeutonJon78,
try this version which should address the issue:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

That fixed one of them -- Eric Himan. The Odyssey track is still failing.

Steven

• Administrator

TeutonJon78

in that case run this version and send me the new info in the error log
http://www.mediafire.com/file/tly2lv3qvnk53q9/MusicBeeDebugSync.zip/file

2019-07-11 10:10:33 AM - Copy D:\Music\Music Library\Odyssey\Alive & Kicking 1980 (2 of 2)\07 Use It Up And Wear It Out (Long).mp3 to SM-G970U1\Card\Music\Odyssey\Alive & Kicking 1980 (2 of 2)\07 Use It Up And Wear It Out (Long).mp3
2019-07-11 10:10:33 AM - 10.0.18362.0 - 3.3.7131.32395 - System.ArgumentNullException: Buffer cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer, Boolean writable)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer)
   at #=zR$HPsi3iaMeQ1Wl6Np$qkFWH97qK.#=zfz1VFYtm$7QY(#=zlExCBWDIEwp0z9O_vgD8RULvs0T0 #=zB$nPRe4=, #=zwb_hwenhYPXEPUcG2WQwCUo= #=zwYZM$p0=, #=z6HnZ1kWEuOAZAYzFlQ== #=z1xpxfBXtndX7)
   at #=zR$HPsi3iaMeQ1Wl6Np$qkFWH97qK.#=zS855_8w=(#=zlExCBWDIEwp0z9O_vgD8RULvs0T0 #=zB$nPRe4=, #=z$e1KWX4Y8GAWY9$9SvCEtFU= #=zVdQAJIM=, #=z6HnZ1kWEuOAZAYzFlQ== #=zFbbD$H1G_igM, Boolean #=zZs2esPnVYQs0, List`1 #=zUYlwaZyyD1Gyl04oGg==)
   at #=zOSDPn5bfAAx8tjbDknu_xE4=.#=z8b7otlC_X1CoumQAoq6$xlw6ubk8(#=zlExCBWDIEwp0z9O_vgD8RULvs0T0 #=zB$nPRe4=, #=z$e1KWX4Y8GAWY9$9SvCEtFU= #=zdbJxnhI=, #=z6HnZ1kWEuOAZAYzFlQ== #=zt5QLcH94WFQPI4Udgw==, #=z6HnZ1kWEuOAZAYzFlQ== #=zSj381YQ=, Boolean #=zihK1gYRflH4ZCBBPF4QySvc=, Object #=zHjstKKLDEEVn)

I'm curious is it's just a bug, or if it's some problem with the file/tag.

Steven

• Administrator
there is an issue with the artwork that was not being handled
this should work now:

TeutonJon78

there is an issue with the artwork that was not being handled
this should work now:

The file still did not copy. I didn't think either of those files actually had any artwork associated with them, but when I go into the tag editor, the Odyssey file shows up as "Invalid Picture" but the artwork browser in the left column shows it and mouse over tooltip shows it as embedded.

Same for the Eric Himan track, but when I go to the tag's artwork tab, it gives a popup about "The image is corrupted, no longer exists or is inaccessible." And the artwork also still shows in the artwork in column with the mouse over saying it's embedded. There is also a second track by this artist with the same issue, but it sync'ed correctly originally even with the corruption issue.

Also, a feature that might be nice to add to the android app might be deleting empty directories that get left over when items move around.

I'll probably just delete the tags and recreate them to fix it, but I'll leave them until you're done having me debug the sync code.

Steven

• Administrator

TeutonJon78

i have re-uploaded: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
could you try again and check the error log

The error log has no additional entries and the file copied over. Thanks!!

However, that brings me back to a bigger question, is there a way in MB to find these files with corrupt embedded artwork images in any way?

Steven

• Administrator
However, that brings me back to a bigger question, is there a way in MB to find these files with corrupt embedded artwork images in any way?
afraid not

TeutonJon78

afraid not

Didn't think so, but since only those two files triggered the error, I hopefully don't have any others. Removing and recreating the tags in MP3tag fixed any of the artwork errors in the desktop version.

As always, thanks for the program and quick debugging.

frankz

Actually, yes. There are two identical entries that match the two timestamps of my attempted syncs

TrackStatMgr - Illegal character (U+ffff)
I got a response from the GoneMad developer - he thinks its probably one of your filenames in GoneMad library has an invalid unicode character.
I guess there isnt an easy way to find the offending filename and making some correction - maybe narrow down for files added to GoneMad around the last file modification date of the stats.xml file.
If you do find it, let me know so i can pass the info to the GoneMad developer in case he is willing to put in some handling
I just want to give a quick update to this issue. I got the idea to go into GMMP Settings->General->Backup->Backup Stats for some reason. Did it, my stats.xml was updated with today's date, tried Reverse Sync, and no error message anywhere.  I guess the offending character was no longer in my library.

I don't know under what conditions stats.xml is created or updated, but refreshing it solved the problem for me.

@Haljeff, I'd be interested to see if this would solve your issue as well.

Steven

• Administrator
I don't know under what conditions stats.xml is created or updated, but refreshing it solved the problem for me.
The refresh should be automatically triggered when MB runs the reverse sync. In your case that step was previously failing with that GoneMad error

SkyZippr

I got stupid and accidentally deleted the data of wifi sync app on my phone, and can't get it to work again.

I've successfully run a wired sync, but when I open the wifi sync app and tap 'Locate Server', it shows 'Server not found'.
I'm pretty sure that the firewall is off, and 'enable Wifi transfer' has been ticked.
Since I can't even get past this initial set up screen, I don't have access to the error log.
Is there any way that I can view the error log? MusicBee on PC has no error log recorded for this.

Steven

• Administrator
v1.1 on the alpha channel
https://play.google.com/apps/internaltest/4700978781087552506

- the error log can now be viewed via the action bar in the Locate Server activity

Babydoll32

Hi. Can it be, that MB does not sync with GMMP 3.0 alpha yet? I get a message, that unlocked version is needed. But unlocked version is installed.