Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310639 times)

Steven

• Administrator
To the people reporting sync issues (same files synch'ed multiple times or not deleting), can you PM me your google play store login email if you have not done so already so I can add you to the alpha release channel.
I will spend time on the issues from this weekend

SkyZippr

Been using the Android wifi sync, and it's been working great here. My only issue is that each track's artwork is being placed in a separate album on my Samsung's image gallery. I am able to go to my gallery and choose to hide the albums, but that would mean having to go through hundreds of files and check them off one by one.

Has anyone else faced this issue? and are there any methods to resolve it?

Another likely workaround would be embedding the artwork into the music file.

Babydoll32

To the people reporting sync issues (same files synch'ed multiple times or not deleting), can you PM me your google play store login email if you have not done so already so I can add you to the alpha release channel.

Hi, Steven.
My post a few days ago was a fail alert. The next syncs got still same problem. But I think it's a handling problem of SD card by the Nokia phone. Cause GMMP had also problems with scanning medias on my SD, whatever I done. However I buyed a Motorola One Vision now and till yet it works fine. It only want's to sync one song again and again. Maybe because I convert all my FLACs to OGG while syncing and this is a MP3, which I leave as MP3?!

Steven

• Administrator
to start with could anyone participating run this debug version which will give me some more info
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dd95fba3vgn8q8u/MusicBeeDebugSync.zip/file
unzip and replace musicbee.exe

It will potentially log a lot of info to the error log - could you send me a zip of the error log after running the sync (help/ support/ view error log)
Also let me know the filename for a couple of the files that should not have beeen re-copied
Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 11:07:45 AM by Steven

christmw2503

I'm a bit confused. Does what I earlier reported fall under bug or feature not yet implemented category? Basically, if I uninstall/reinstall Poweramp, and sync, all my Musicbee ratings won't be recognized in Poweramp. I ask this so that I can know if I too have to install the debug version and send logs.

fabiorfreitas

Hi, Steven, thanks for working on this as well!

I'm joining now in this feature, so I'll be PMing you my google email to be added to the alpha channel as well as my ErrorLog.dat.
I'm using the latest app I could get from the Play Store, as well as MB 3.3.7098 with this debug .exe you provided.

BTW, the issues I'm facing is that my GMMP library indicates that it has 30 tracks less than my MB library. Also, MB doesn't seem to be exporting the playcounts, every file has a playcount of 0 on GMMP

Also, here is the debug log from within the app:

https://pastebin.com/ZuUpRCvg (Its on pastebin because my post seemed to exceed 20000 characters)

Babydoll32

Also, MB doesn't seem to be exporting the playcounts, every file has a playcount of 0 on GMMP

MB won't sync playcount to GMMP. Only from GMMP to MB. Steven answered a similar question of me before.

SkyZippr

BTW, the issues I'm facing is that my GMMP library indicates that it has 30 tracks less than my MB library.

Does it happen only with Wifi sync, or does it happen with wired sync as well? Are you missing, like, a whole album or are they totally random?
One thing you may want to check is if you've accidentally 'unticked' some of the tracks.

Steven

• Administrator
to start with could anyone participating run this debug version which will give me some more info
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dd95fba3vgn8q8u/MusicBeeDebugSync.zip/file
unzip and replace musicbee.exe

It will potentially log a lot of info to the error log - could you send me a zip of the error log after running the sync (help/ support/ view error log)
Also let me know the filename for a couple of the files that should not have beeen re-copied
I havent had any feedback on this - I am getting close to the final release for v3.3, and it would be good to close out this issue

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I don't think that was a problem I ran into.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I havent had any feedback on this - I am getting close to the final release for v3.3, and it would be good to close out this issue

Do I have to be using the GMMP Android player to test??
Freddy

Steven

• Administrator
Do I have to be using the GMMP Android player to test??
Freddy
I very much doubt it has anything to do with the android player you use, and you would know if you had the issue so no need to test for something that is not affecting you

fabiorfreitas

Also, MB doesn't seem to be exporting the playcounts, every file has a playcount of 0 on GMMP

MB won't sync playcount to GMMP. Only from GMMP to MB. Steven answered a similar question of me before.

Oh, I see. I've tryed to read some of the previous discussion, but 550 post was just too much! Anyway, does it work with PowerAmp? If not, did you find a way around to export playcounts? Perhaps something via iTunes and then another syncer...

BTW, the issues I'm facing is that my GMMP library indicates that it has 30 tracks less than my MB library.

Does it happen only with Wifi sync, or does it happen with wired sync as well? Are you missing, like, a whole album or are they totally random?
One thing you may want to check is if you've accidentally 'unticked' some of the tracks.

I don't really know which tracks are these, but it happened only via wifi. Also, it only happened once, I didn't try purging the device and resyncing to see if it was solved. Oh, and I was syncing my whole library, so no Unticked tracks : p

Babydoll32

I got a little problem. I sync my music to a SD card in my phone. When I create a playlist in GMMP and want to sync it back to MB, I'll get a non-recoverable error while syncing. I didn't change the standard settings.
Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 05:45:08 AM by Babydoll32

phred

• Global Moderator
It would be helpful if you pasted the sections of both MB's error log and the WiFi app's error log so we can see what's going on. No need for the entire log - just the section from the time the error occurred.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here