Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 310451 times)

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for reporting this. Its fixed now and available on the alpha channel now and the beta channel once its approved

SkyZippr

I think I'm having a problem with dynamic IP.

Code
2019-04-23: MHA-L29;  9;  0.6.1
23:19:37: looper java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to /10.165.1.163 (port 27304) from /10.165.2.110 (port 35148) after 1500ms: isConnected failed: EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)

The IP for my PC is not 10.165.1.163.
I live in a mansion where (I assume) the whole mansion share the same global IP, and it's impossible to set a static IP by individual residents.

Is it possible to make wifi app to try re-locating MusicBee when connection fails?

christmw2503

thanks for reporting this. Its fixed now and available on the alpha channel now and the beta channel once its approved
I can confirm that it's fixed.

phred

• Global Moderator
I think I'm having a problem with dynamic IP.

Code
2019-04-23: MHA-L29;  9;  0.6.1
23:19:37: looper java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to /10.165.1.163 (port 27304) from /10.165.2.110 (port 35148) after 1500ms: isConnected failed: EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)

The IP for my PC is not 10.165.1.163.
I live in a mansion where (I assume) the whole mansion share the same global IP, and it's impossible to set a static IP by individual residents.
A static IP is not necessary. As long as MB and the device are on the same network, and there is only one instance of MB running, it should work. MB has to be running, of course.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Is it possible to make wifi app to try re-locating MusicBee when connection fails?
The app already does that automatically. Its only scanning addresses on the same sub-net.
Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 06:53:19 PM by Steven

MCDoubleDefDP

Steven, I'd like to make a request if it's not already planned:

Could you move the reverse sync options to the settings menu and then make it so we only need to perform a single (regular) sync to add/remove music and update playcounts and ratings?

It isn't hard to understand how the regular and reverse sync both work, but it feels like having them separated is more complicated than it needs to be.

Steven

• Administrator
Yes i do agree a single sync action that optionally also does a reverse sync would be better.
It is split due to playlist sync but i am considering removing reverse playlist sync, or at least splitting that out to a separate action.

SkyZippr

A static IP is not necessary. As long as MB and the device are on the same network, and there is only one instance of MB running, it should work. MB has to be running, of course.

The app already does that automatically. Its only scanning addresses on the same sub-net.

I've restarted both the phone and the PC, and then did a wired sync, but it keeps looking for the same wrong IP.
I successfully ran several wifi syncs yesterday, and no setting has changed since then. (except that the wifi app got updated to 0.6.1, but I guess it shouldn't matter)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've restarted both the phone and the PC, and then did a wired sync, but it keeps looking for the same wrong IP.
I successfully ran several wifi syncs yesterday, and no setting has changed since then. (except that the wifi app got updated to 0.6.1, but I guess it shouldn't matter)

It's a long shot, but for some reason what happened for me was that my home network had gotten switched to public on the pc, and also even though it said it was letting MusicBee through the firewall it actually wasn't. I ended up resetting my firewall permissions.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

SkyZippr

It's a long shot, but for some reason what happened for me was that my home network had gotten switched to public on the pc, and also even though it said it was letting MusicBee through the firewall it actually wasn't. I ended up resetting my firewall permissions.

Ok wow, that's an incredibly long but precise shot. That was exactly the case, and Wifi App started working again moments after I set it back to private.
I don't remember switching it, but I'll surely keep an eye on it.

Steven

• Administrator
Ok wow, that's an incredibly long but precise shot. That was exactly the case, and Wifi App started working again moments after I set it back to private.
I don't remember switching it, but I'll surely keep an eye on it.
There isnt anything on the musicbee side that would do that. I was wondering if there was any info logged at the end of MusicBee error log (help/ support/ view error log) for around the time it was failing?

Babydoll32

Hi Steven.
Snycing works good now. But one question. Does MB sync playcount also to GMP? I've synced a song to GMP with MB playcount 1. But GMP playcount shows already 0.

Steven

• Administrator
Does MB sync playcount also to GMP?
No, only from GMP to add to your computer library play count

SkyZippr

There isnt anything on the musicbee side that would do that. I was wondering if there was any info logged at the end of MusicBee error log (help/ support/ view error log) for around the time it was failing?

Unfortunately, no log is recorded on MB's side.
I may have clicked something by mistake while configuring firewall.

SkyZippr

Strangely, Wifi sync stopped working again.

I made sure the network is set to Private on PC, and I even tried turning off the firewall (Comodo Security), but I kept getting the 'Unable to connect to Musicbee' error.
According to Wifi app's error log, it was trying to connect to 10.165.1.176 from 10.165.1.212, while my PC is now 10.165.2.20.
Musicbee.exe is added to the 'Trusted' list of Comodo security, and Windows firewall is disabled.
Musicbee's error log is empty so far.

Then, I tired deleting all the data of Wifi app from Android setting, and starting all over again.
However, even after running a wired sync from Musicbee, when pressing 'Locate Server', the wifi app shows 'Server not found'.
Now I don't have access to error log any more.

EDIT: Restarting PC & phone doesn't seem to help.
Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 01:47:10 AM by SkyZippr