Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 307548 times)

kro4k

I'm having an issue where changes (to ratings) aren't being pushed back from GMMP via MusicBee Wifi Sync to MB (from an Android 12 device).

That is, the sync seems to "work" in that I am able to run it and get a "Musicbee synchronization successfully completed" on the app - it's just that Musicbee doesn't pick up any changes.

WiFi sync WILL push changes from MB to GMMP. So if I change ratings, delete songs in MB and WiFi Sync it will show up in GMMP. But I cannot get reverse sync to show up, it seems to "work" in that it runs without issues, its just that the changes never show up in MB.

Perhaps this is the same issue everyone is having with Android 12? Or no.

BoringName

I'm having an issue where changes (to ratings) aren't being pushed back from GMMP via MusicBee Wifi Sync to MB (from an Android 12 device).

You need to have the paid version of GMMP for it to do any reverse syncing.

It also could be a permissions issue with Android 12. I'm surprised you were able to get it to sync in the first place as most people get stuck in the loop of selecting the sync folder and it popping up an error about it not being the root directory. There is a solution to that on previous pages of this thread.

Kanobis

My reverse sync has worked perfectly since install. But suddenly, something's wrong. I randomly thought to "preview" in the Wifi Sync app prior to syncing (which I normally don't do) and everything I've listened to on my device (via GoneMad) since the last time I performed a sync is returning an error: "File not matched in MusicBee. Playcount not chan..." (the screen cuts off at that point, so I'm not sure what the error message says in its entirety). I haven't changed any files on my hard drive, I've not changed anything within MusicBee (aside from adding some new additional music to the library), and nothing on my device has been touched aside from listening to the 60+ tunes that are now giving the error.

The only thing I can think of is that there was a power blackout in my building while MusicBee was open yesterday, so the program (as well as my computer itself) got shut off without properly exiting. Maybe that glitched something? But as far as I can tell, nothing seems different in my sync settings within MusicBee. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be and how to fix it?

UPDATE:
I went ahead with the reverse sync and, as it had foretold, all the songs were unsuccessful with "File Not Matched" error messages. I went into the GoneMad stats file and checked the time codes against all the songs that failed to sync. Oddly, several of them had already been updated last time I did the reverse sync. The time codes were in the same order as listed in the "last updated" column in MusicBee, so I know it was trying to re-sync something it had already done and not something I've listened to a 2nd time since. And of the songs it was trying to re-sync a second time, 2 or 3 of them were out of order. There was also one song the Wifi Sync app tried to sync that I've never listed to on my device at all (I confirmed and went into GoneMad and checked and there was indeed no playcount listed). So I have no idea how that even got on the reverse sync list.

Since the failed sync attempt, I've tried syncing from MusicBee to my device (which works fine) and also have played a couple more songs on my device and tried reverse syncing again and it still glitches with new songs. I don't know what the issue is. I'd try clearing the cache if the Wifi Sync app and/or the GoneMad app, but I'm afraid what that might do. My only other thoughts is to wipe the device clean, reinstall the apps and reload my entire music library. Hopefully someone has an easier fix?
Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 07:40:34 PM by Kanobis

BoringName

"File not matched in MusicBee. Playcount not chan..."

Is that the exact message? I can't find it in the source code. It may be a message Musicbee on your PC is sending the App.

What version of android are you using?
Check what permissions MusicBee has, some versions of android will disable app permissions if you don't use them for a while.

I would clear the app data on the Musicbee app first, do a full sync then try a reverse sync. If that fails then reset GoneMad as well.

Kanobis

Is that the exact message?

What version of android are you using?

Check what permissions MusicBee has.

I would clear the app data on the Musicbee app first, do a full sync then try a reverse sync. If that fails then reset GoneMad as well.

That's the exact message as far as what I can see of it (as stated, the display reaches the edge of the screen half-way through what I obviously assume is the word "changed," so if there's more to the error message, I can't see it). I  did a Google search for the first part of the phrase and there were only 2 results, both of which led to prior messages within this board's thread.

Android is v.7.0. I don't think permissions would have been reset, I have used all of the involved devices and applications quite recently with no issues up until now. Regardless, I tried clearing the MusicBee sync app data, no luck. I then Cleaned out GoneMad as well (unfortunately, I didn't think to write down or backup all my settings, so that was fun reconfiguring it.  :-\  ). After redoing everything, I tried the forward sync through the MusicBee wifi app and it worked great. However, the reverse sync is once again giving that same error message.

In addition to forward syncing through the wifi app (again, worked perfect), I've also tried syncing some new songs via my MusicBee program (desktop version, not the app). Twice out of 3 attempts, it stalled and gave an error saying that it failed to sync one of the songs. I also tried syncing just a couple playlists and a window popped up saying "aborted" with an error message stating "Shutdown was already called on this object that owns it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x802A0002)".

So perhaps the issue is with the main desktop program and not anything on my device? As stated in my prior message, there was a blackout in my building a couple days ago while running the program that crashed my computer (and thus the program as well), so perhaps, that corrupted something? Everything was working fine before that crash and all these problems have arisen immediately following it.

I suppose my next step is to reinstall (unless there's a repair function) the program on my desktop. Can someone please lead me through how to backup both my library (including playcounts, etc.) and the UI interface that I've customized (as well as any sync settings, etc.), assuming all that can be backed up. I think I probably could try and figure it out, but I really don't want to make any mistakes and do anything that accidentally obliterates any data or settings in my library that I've put together over the last couple years of using the program.
Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 05:40:42 PM by Kanobis

phred

• Global Moderator
Is there anything in MB's Error Log from the time of the error? (Help > Support > Show Error Log.) If so, please copy/paste it here. DO NOT provide a screenshot.

What about the Error Log from the WiFi app?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Kanobis

Is there anything in MB's Error Log from the time of the error? (Help > Support > Show Error Log.) If so, please copy/paste it here. DO NOT provide a screenshot.

What about the Error Log from the WiFi app?

error log from desktop program:
1st error just says: "Copy [hard drive file path] to [device file path]"
2nd error - "The system cannot find the file specified. [file path of a temp file on my hard drive's temp folder]"
3rd error - (same as 1st, with different file paths corresponding to the respective songs)
4th error (when trying to copy a playlist) - "The requested value cannot be determined. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x802A0006)"

error log from wifi sync app:
2022-07-04: FiiO M1 Pro; 7.0; 2.0.0
07:43:05: locate: search=10.0.0., exclude==158
07:43:06: ping: socket ok=/10.0.0.226
07:43:06: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
07:43:06: ping: matched=/10.0.0.226,status=OK
07:43:06: ping: socket ok=/10.0.0.226
07:43:06: ping: hello=MusicBeeWifiSyncServer/1.0
07:43:06: ping: matched=/10.0.0.226,status=OK

phred

• Global Moderator
Those are the complete lines from the Error Log? There's nothing that looks like this?
Code
   at #=zTEwx3emvZD$skojOThTRKNc=.#=z_MDR3J1lSN5Oy38qdw==(IList`1 #=zBtevVO8STRCL)
   at #=zkSMQduDFRrt84h14l53BO$iu2A00.#=zWHevWwnx6kNJ.Invoke(IList`1 #=zBtevVO8STRCL)
   at #=zkSMQduDFRrt84h14l53BO$iu2A00.#=qdUlSkv0FgdQdcRQbo9Ey8Y4JfSbLMBzJk3uhTxYgS3A=._Lambda$__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=zTEwx3emvZD$skojOThTRKNc=.#=z_MDR3J1lSN5Oy38qdw==(IList`1 #=zBtevVO8STRCL)
   at #=zkSMQduDFRrt84h14l53BO$iu2A00.#=zWHevWwnx6kNJ.Invoke(IList`1 #=zBtevVO8STRCL)
   at #=zkSMQduDFRrt84h14l53BO$iu2A00.#=qdUlSkv0FgdQdcRQbo9Ey8Y4JfSbLMBzJk3uhTxYgS3A=._Lambda$__0()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

If so, COPY AND PASTE it here.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Kanobis

If so, COPY AND PASTE it here.

Thanks for pointing that out. These were the previous two entries. I hadn't thought to go further back than the past few days, so I didn't notice these since they were a few weeks prior, but now that you point it out, I do believe these did indeed happen after my last successful sync, so they would apply after all. (These are from the desktop program, not the device's wifi app, in case that's not obvious.)

Code
6/16/2022 3:33:36 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.4.7805.33439D - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified.
[J:\FiiO Library\FiiO Library\MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini]
   at #=z4$ucNWNbXnMtRdEYGQBqltI=.#=zBYIlgI4h7iyM.#=ziVp1Mjw=.#=zSuxpBZKM79Rl(#=zVzsNxnIpA1tczBaJkA== #=zkGydwco=, FileMode #=z$z3Glao=, FileAccess #=zLKtqWYc=, FileShare #=zsMm6EkM=, Int32 #=zXYKgrpQ=, Boolean #=z24QwvVhfD4XK)
   at #=zIeOuUduDwrGsZkw6p2fDQSozxfSd.#=zSuxpBZKM79Rl(#=zVzsNxnIpA1tczBaJkA== #=zkGydwco=, FileMode #=z$z3Glao=, FileAccess #=zLKtqWYc=, Int32 #=zXYKgrpQ=)
   at #=zjsdVjkTpZ3Go$iKRt1PP6Wc=..ctor(#=zVzsNxnIpA1tczBaJkA== #=zkGydwco=)
   at #=z$HIGIKSwwUCXV2RRHwXoHoU=.#=zkYY5Z4c=.#=zsmYANNc=()

Code
6/16/2022 3:33:36 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.4.7805.33439D - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: The system cannot find the path specified.
[J:\FiiO Library\FiiO Library\MusicBeeLibrary.mbl]
   at #=z4$ucNWNbXnMtRdEYGQBqltI=.#=zBYIlgI4h7iyM.#=ziVp1Mjw=.#=zSuxpBZKM79Rl(#=zVzsNxnIpA1tczBaJkA== #=zkGydwco=, FileMode #=z$z3Glao=, FileAccess #=zLKtqWYc=, FileShare #=zsMm6EkM=, Int32 #=zXYKgrpQ=, Boolean #=z24QwvVhfD4XK)
   at #=zIeOuUduDwrGsZkw6p2fDQSozxfSd.#=zSuxpBZKM79Rl(#=zVzsNxnIpA1tczBaJkA== #=zkGydwco=, FileMode #=z$z3Glao=, FileAccess #=zLKtqWYc=, Int32 #=zXYKgrpQ=)
   at #=zQPpRPdsWyhIujNTeqzRV6GM=.#=z5L5fXSqGQwGD.#=zM1iYx3ISZM7Y(Boolean #=zk9xZk50nVLuOXZv1qA==)
   at #=zQPpRPdsWyhIujNTeqzRV6GM=.#=z5L5fXSqGQwGD.#=zTp6BLEy5oIt$()
   at #=z$HIGIKSwwUCXV2RRHwXoHoU=.#=zUIrS26RPV9bq()
   at #=zsSqWEB_uCfYs1RIo5gmlWEiXxs7c.#=zfySyFcA=.#=zid33hpw=(CloseReason #=zRsgN2eE=, Boolean #=ze6IW_8waWXyw)

I'm not sure what all the code means, but the two files that it says it cannot find are indeed right where they should be. I keep my music library on a portable hard drive, which I occasionally forget to plug in before attempting to load MusicBee. So perhaps that's all the issue was with these errors. Or perhaps the files are corrupted?
Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 01:08:30 PM by Kanobis

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure what all the code means, but the two files that it says it cannot find are indeed right where they should be. I keep my music library on a portable hard drive, which I occasionally forget to plug in before attempting to load MusicBee. So perhaps that's all the issue was with these errors. Or perhaps the files are corrupted?
The code can be deciphered by Steven.

Are you keeping MB's library file  (*.mbl) on your portable drive, or are you keeping your music collection (files) on the portable?

I suspect this has something to do with MB not finding the path...
Each time you plug in the portable, does the same drive letter get applied? And if so, then you need to make sure it's plugged in BEFORE you start MB otherwise it's not going to see it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Kanobis

Are you keeping MB's library file  (*.mbl) on your portable drive, or are you keeping your music collection (files) on the portable?

I suspect this has something to do with MB not finding the path...
Each time you plug in the portable, does the same drive letter get applied? And if so, then you need to make sure it's plugged in BEFORE you start MB otherwise it's not going to see it.

Both the music files and the program's library files are kept on the portable. I usually remember, but every once in a blue moon I'll forget to plug it in before loading up MusicBee. But on the rare occasion that happens, it just gives me an error message saying it can't open the library, so I close it out, plug the drive in, reopen, and everything's fine. But if that's all this error code refers to, then it shouldn't have anything to do with the wifi app not reverse syncing, because it's not the first time that has happened and I've never had problems until a couple days ago with the sync app.

phred

• Global Moderator
The code can be deciphered by Steven.

Each time you plug in the portable, does the same drive letter get applied?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Kanobis

Each time you plug in the portable, does the same drive letter get applied?

Yes. Same drive letter every time.

phred

• Global Moderator
Yes. Same drive letter every time.
Good.

Then you'll just have to wait for Steven to take a look at the error dump .

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Kanobis

Then you'll just have to wait for Steven to take a look at the error dump .

Ok. Thanks!