Author Topic: Wifi android device synching  (Read 319082 times)

TeutonJon78

So I finished syncing my large collection. It failed several times, mostly for the unknown reason I posted before. Once because my computer went to sleep.

Performing the sync several times seems to have gotten it to work correctly. The only error is one song that keeps trying to copy everytime but won't for some reason. The log shows it copying, but it never makes it to the sdcard and both say the sync was complete.

Copying it over manually and then resyncing it again matched the expected results.

Steven

• Administrator
The folder path on the phone is /storage/9C33-6BBD/Music for the music and /Playlists for the playlists.  
that doesnt match to your settings file which has:
SM-G930V\Card\
however i am not sure that is actually the problem

how did you get the files onto the sd card - using musicbee, and using wired MTP sync? and did you sync to that phone with the card inserted?

Steven

• Administrator
Edit: Ok, so I've been getting a few failures on the bigger transfer. from the MB error log:
do you have the log from the android device in the Downloads folder?

I am going to look at the retry handling and having the actual android errors will help

TeutonJon78

Yeah, I have the file. It's about a 1 MB. I've been testing the sync and getting a LOT of weird failures/recopys. I'll post it to my google drive and PM you the link.

Steven

• Administrator
Yeah, I have the file. It's about a 1 MB. I've been testing the sync and getting a LOT of weird failures/recopys. I'll post it to my google drive and PM you the link.
looking at the error log, i dont think i can do anything about the issue you were having. It looks to me like something on the android device went unstable and didnt recover

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
@steven

I was gonna do some testing today with the "enable 2 way synchronisation" option checked, but is 'greyed out'..

Is that correct for Wifi sync only??

Freddy

klint

Hi Steven
My PC has a firewall that I can't tweak (an office PC), so I'm not able to test the sync over wifi and  I'm still "stuck" with the sync over MTP. :(

And I have a question there: could there be a side effect on the MTP sync from the latest changes you did on the device syncing ? I'm asking because with the latest build I installed yesterday, MB sync simulation is now showing ALL files to be resent to the phone, and also is not showing some deletions that should be done. I haven't applied the sync yet for the latter reason, but I fear that I will have to erase all files manually before the sync rewrites all files.

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
could there be a side effect on the MTP sync from the latest changes you did on the device syncing ?
only if you succeeded with the Wifi Sync on an some of the earlier MB builds due to a bug with setting the file modification time, and every file was synched.
I suggest you try with the MB version from the first forum topic. If it still happens, check the modification date/time of some of the files. Also check the MB sync settings has the correct music folder path and correct storage path
Let me know how that goes.
Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 04:55:37 PM by Steven

railfan-eric28

The folder path on the phone is /storage/9C33-6BBD/Music for the music and /Playlists for the playlists.   
that doesnt match to your settings file which has:
SM-G930V\Card\
however i am not sure that is actually the problem

how did you get the files onto the sd card - using musicbee, and using wired MTP sync? and did you sync to that phone with the card inserted?

I synced it with MB with the phone plugged into the computer.   So I think that is MTP sync.  I think the setting is "File Transfer".
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

Steven

• Administrator
I synced it with MB with the phone plugged into the computer.   So I think that is MTP sync.  I think the setting is "File Transfer".
I take that to mean the card in question was inserted in the phone when you synched it with MB using a wired connection.
In that case, can you navigate to one of the music files that resides on the phone using Windows Explorer and confirm the file modification date looks similar to the file modification date of the equivalent source file in your musicbee library (it wont be an exact match but there should be no more than a minute or two difference)
Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:58:10 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I was gonna do some testing today with the "enable 2 way synchronisation" option checked, but is 'greyed out'..

Is that correct for Wifi sync only??
yes thats right for now

phred

• Global Moderator
Using 3.3.6998 and 0.2.5.
After stating a few days ago that I will reluctantly refrain from using WiFi sync on my FiiO X5 due to its 5.1.1 Android OS, I decided to give it another try today. Last time it took almost twelve hours. Today it took three. And it appears to have copied everything that it was supposed to except playlists. I believe I saw one or two other users state that playlists weren't being copied. I watched the syncing tracks very carefully at it approached 99% and did not see a single playlist appear. There is nothing in either error log. Perhaps all my playlists are up to date? Steven said at one point that even if that were the case, they should be seen on the sync list.

I'm going to create a new playlist and sync again to see if it gets picked up. I shall report back.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
re: the playlists, there is a bug in the Android media scanner where it doesnt add playlists files to the mediastore database.
I added some handling to work around that, although i dont recall if it was included in 0.2.5
The file should be physically present on the card but not show in windows explorer or anywhere that depends on the mediastore database.
If you browse using the Files app via the SD Card storage you should see the file.
If you are still convinced it wasnt even copied at all then i will give you a debug version.

phred

• Global Moderator
The file should be physically present on the card but not show in windows explorer or anywhere that depends on the mediastore database.
If you browse using the Files app via the SD Card storage you should see the file.
If you are still convinced it wasnt even copied at all then i will give you a debug version.
I added a new playlist to the sync parameters and set the sync to -only- sync playlists. Nothing new was added to the X5. I checked with an Android file manager and the new playlist file does not exist on the card. I also connected the X5 via USB to MB and examined the playlists folder. The new playlist isn't there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
@phred, can you run this debug version and let me know the info at the end of the error log after doing a wifi sync (preview only is ok)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/gymyuftgsiyi04s/MusicBeeDebugPlaylists.zip/file