Author Topic: Multiple artwork problems  (Read 7588 times)

carloscs

I'm trying to mantain some albums with multiple artwork images organised. Except for the front cover, I'm not embedding the other images in the tracks.

Problems found:

- when adding artwork, the "save to folder.jpg" checkbox is always checked and disabled.
- when editing artwork  the "save to folder.jpg" checkbox is always disabled unless I uncheck first the track which has it checked.
- the "link to an organised copy of the picture" text field is fixed to Cover.jpg.
- "link to an organised copy of the picture" is impenetrable. Took a long time until I got what it meant.
- "Save To" button suggests it should be used to save the image inside the track  to disk.
- (Nitpick) It's unusal for the delete button to be on top.
- No simple way to extract a image inside a track to the disk.

Fixes:
- the "save to folder.jpg" checkbox should always be enabled.
- when an image with "save to folder.jpg" checked is saved, remove the check from all the other images.
- unprotect the "link to an organised copy of the picture" textfield.
- auto fill the "link to an organised copy of the picture" textfield with the name of the selected image file or according to the selected picture type.
- rename "link to an organised..." to "link to picture in the same folder as the track (auto-organised)" or "link to picture next to (beside?) the track (auto-organised)".
- rename the "Save To" button to one of "Edit", "Manage", "Organise", "?".
- the "Save To"/Edit/Manage/... buton should be on top.
- add an option to the image popup menu  (and/or a button?) "Extract to disk..."

Steven

• Administrator
- when adding artwork, the "save to folder.jpg" checkbox is always checked and disabled.
- when editing artwork  the "save to folder.jpg" checkbox is always disabled unless I uncheck first the track which has it checked.
the way MB works is it checks to see if the selected track(s) dont already have a picture that refers to folder.jpg eg. if the second picture in a single file refers to folder.jpg and you edit the first picture, you will not be able to select folder.jpg.
However i dont know how you would get a situation where folder.jpg is checked and disabled - are you able to reproduce that, and if so, what are the other pictures linked to that file (or does it only happen when editing multiple files)?

carloscs

the way MB works is it checks to see if the selected track(s) dont already have a picture that refers to folder.jpg eg. if the second picture in a single file refers to folder.jpg and you edit the first picture, you will not be able to select folder.jpg.
Yes, saw that. I'm advocating for a change: unprotect and instead of checking before check after and if "save to folder.jpg" is selected clear it from other artwork having it set.

However i dont know how you would get a situation where folder.jpg is checked and disabled - are you able to reproduce that, and if so, what are the other pictures linked to that file (or does it only happen when editing multiple files)?
Was writing that I couldn't manage not to repeat it when I vaguely remembered a setting about folder.jpg...

This happpens when "Settings->Tags(1)->copy picture to folder.jpg" is checked. With this option unchecked the "save to folder.jpg" is unchecked (and protected) when adding more artwork.

One more request: drag and drop image to the image square works in the Tags tab but doesn't work in the Artwork tab.

Steven

• Administrator
i still cant reproduce the folder.jpg ticked and disabled.
i'll fix the drag/drop in the artwork tab.
for the other items i'm moving this to the wishlist as they are as i intended

carloscs

i still cant reproduce the folder.jpg ticked and disabled.
I'll see if I can get more steps...

for the other items i'm moving this to the wishlist as they are as i intended
Does this mean that it's not possible to have more than one link to images on disk (all links point to Cover.jpg) ?

Steven

• Administrator
when you drag a picture from the disc, or manually add using the Add button or right click/Choose Picture you should see an option
'link to the original picture file'

carloscs

But I don't want to link to the original file: this link stores the absolute path to the image and when the album is reorganised [rename the album name/artist] - the images this links point to remain in the original album folder.

I want links to organised images, but as the link is only to "Cover.jpg" I can have only one organised image.

Steven

• Administrator
thats the default. You can organise to:
<Artist> - <Title>.jpg
for example.

carloscs

In several albums I want organised links to [duplicated front sometimes], back, leaflet 1, leaftlet 2, ...

I must be more dim than usual on this matter, but right now I can't find my way to do that :)

Steven

• Administrator
i see, in that case its not currently supported as there isnt a way to specify the picture type in the filename

ProgRocker

I think I replicated this issue. When adding album art via "Right Click on Entire Album" >> Edit >> Artwork >> "Right Click Existing Album Art" the "Embed the picture in the music file" and "link to an organized copy of the picture" check boxes are unchecked by default.