Author Topic: How to use send to external tool with multiple files?  (Read 1958 times)

robojock

Hi,

I have setup audiotester as a tool so that i can send files to it to be verified, my only issue is that i can only send one at a time. Is there a way i can setup musicbee to send multiple files at once with only one instance of audiotester running? At the moment if i select a few files musicbee sends them one by one and i have to close audiotester so that i can verify the next song.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes!  Under parameters, use "<URLs>".
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sveakul

Yes!  Under parameters, use "<URLs>".

Thanks from me also, that had completely escaped me.  Also added the plural to my Mp3Val tool entry for checking mp3's and works great--

application path:  C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
parameters:  /k,  c:\mp3val\mp3val.exe "<URLs>"

BTW, if anyone knows how to get the mp3val-frontend GUI to run instead of the command version, I'm all ears.  Can call the GUI from MB but can't auto-load the file.

sveakul

Take two:  unfortunately, this does NOT work with Audiotester;  selecting a group of files and sending will result in only the first file being scanned.  It DOES work fine for other apps--mp3val.exe, mp3gain, etc.  So, app-dependent!

robojock

Yes!  Under parameters, use "<URLs>".

Thanks for the tip  :( unfortunately it doesn't work. Using "<URL>" sends the selection one by one to audiotester, using "<URLs>" audiotester  only tests the first song of the selection. Is there a way we can send a path to audiotester? I tried using path from musicbee but that also did not work. Reading the audiotester readme this is what it says.

Code
Command Line Options
--------------------
AudioTester <filename>
- tests the specified file/folder
Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:53:23 AM by robojock

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If the software can only take one file at a time, that's a limitation you may have to address with them.

You should be able to do a folder path, though. Can you provide more info on what you tried that didn't work?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

robojock

Audiotester has a gui which you drag and drop files to. It allows for multiple files.

Attempt 1 with musicbee

"<URL>" sends the selection but opens a new instance of audiotester for every file and you have to manually close each instance before it continues with the next file. Using <URL> without quotes send the next directory. Lets say my music directory is as follows

Music >
A > mp3 1 2 3 4 5 6
B > mp3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C > mp3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

and i am attempting to send the mp3s in directory A to audiotester from musicbee and select all of them and send to, musicbee sends the directory B to audiotester instead. So if i selected 10 files i will have to close audiotester 10 times and every single time it scans folder B instead of A. That's only if i use parameters without " "

Attempt 2 with musicbee

"<URLs>" sends the selection to audiotester which only scans the first file of the selection. Without " " nothing happens.

Attempt 3 with musicbee

"<Path>" sends no files. Without " " sends the files but same as attempt one. It sends the next directory and not the intended directory.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It's the ability to import multiple files via command line that the software is lacking.

Which audiotester are you using? It looks like there might be a couple different things with that name. I was trying to see how active the development is.

Meanwhile, it's less convenient but if accepts drag & drop you should be able to do that.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

sveakul

Which audiotester are you using? It looks like there might be a couple different things with that name. I was trying to see how active the development is.

psychoadept:  forgive me for butting in but he (and I) refer to the one on the page here:  http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php .  AFAIK the only freeware tester that will do FLAC files.  Because the source code is included, and you once mentioned taking suggestions for MB-related projects (!), perhaps you could see if you could add the ability to pipe in via command line??  From the "can't hurt to ask" dept....

robojock

Meanwhile, it's less convenient but if accepts drag & drop you should be able to do that.

I do that normally, when i know all the files are in a certain folder. In this case the are scattered in different folders. With alternative players it allows me to select all the files and i just drag them onto the gui. Unfortunately i cannot do that with musicbee, which is why i tried using the send to tool.

psychoadept:  forgive me for butting in but he (and I) refer to the one on the page here:  http://www.vuplayer.com/other.php .  AFAIK the only freeware tester that will do FLAC files.  Because the source code is included, and you once mentioned taking suggestions for MB-related projects (!), perhaps you could see if you could add the ability to pipe in via command line??  From the "can't hurt to ask" dept....

Yes that's the one i am using, i tried using the command line and it accepts a path. I do not know how it handles scattered files like the gui, but i know it can handle a path with sub folders.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

I do that normally, when i know all the files are in a certain folder. In this case the are scattered in different folders. With alternative players it allows me to select all the files and i just drag them onto the gui. Unfortunately i cannot do that with musicbee, which is why i tried using the send to tool.

I've never run into this problem, either. I can always drag & drop from MusicBee. Can you provide more info? You're not running MusicBee as an administrator, are you?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

robojock

I've never run into this problem, either. I can always drag & drop from MusicBee. Can you provide more info? You're not running MusicBee as an administrator, are you?

I can drag and drop with musicbee, it just does not want to drag and drop into audiotester for some or other reason. Where other similar applications do allow me to drag and drop into audiotester.