Author Topic: Speed up file converter  (Read 1123 times)

BriAsylum13

I would say that my collection has both a large portion of half JS/S Is there any way to speed up the conversion of S to JS? or do I have ti do it in chunks?

frankz

As was previously explained in one of your multiple other threads, do not convert mp3 to mp3 or mp3 to anything else. You will wreck your collection by doing this.  Once something is in a lossy format there should be no further conversion.

BriAsylum13

Ok. Thank you. :) One last thing. My collection is at all kinds of diff volumes. What volume would you recommend for normalizing?  I've been messing around with that. I have it set to +0.4 DB at the moment.

frankz

Ok. Thank you. :) One last thing. My collection is at all kinds of diff volumes. What volume would you recommend for normalizing?  I've been messing around with that. I have it set to +0.4 DB at the moment.
I'm not trying to be harsh, but please read about and research these things before doing further adjustments.  Anything above 0.0dB will cause clipping (audible digital distortion) during playback.

Please take this in the most gentle and helpful way possible.  You seem to want to micromanage your collection, which is fine. We all do this to a certain extent. But please gain at least a basic understanding of how digital music works before trying to micromanage your library.

If you don't want to get into the nitty gritty technical aspects of digital music, that's fine too. Most people don't. But you'll just want to download your music from wherever you're downloading it or rip it from CDs to MP3 using one of the encoder presets, leave it as is, and just listen to it. 

You need a basic foundation of knowledge to do the things you seem to want to do.  You really can't have one without the other and expect satisfactory results.

A forum meant specifically for questions about MusicBee is not the best venue for this type of discussion.  Google searches about the basics of mp3 or something similar would be a good place to start..