Author Topic: Adding Audiobooks to Library  (Read 3040 times)

kingjon

Hi

I'm adding a large number of audiobooks to my library.  Currently, they are sitting in my MB Inbox, but physically, the files are not yet in the MB Library directory.  They are all MP3s, all nicely tagged but currently not in the right directory structure (I want MB to organise them).

I have a separate Audiobooks directory and I've defined a specific naming template in File Organiser (slightly different to my default template that I use for Music).

I want them to be properly identified as Audiobooks by MB, so that they appear under the Audiobooks menu on the Library tab.

Here's my problem:

From the Inbox, If I choose 'Send To > Audiobooks', the files get properly marked as MB Audiobooks but (a) they do not get moved into the Library directory and (b) they are removed from the Inbox, so I then have to go and find them in MB and choose 'Send To > Folder (Move) > Move Files To Organised Folder' to get them in the right place.

Alternatively, if, from the Inbox, I choose 'Send To > Folder (Move) > Move Files To Organised Folder', it moves the files to the Library but not to the right location (becuase it uses my default naming template - I cannot choose the Audiobooks template, the dropdown menu is greyed out) so I then have to go and find them in MB and choose 'Send To > Audiobooks'.

Is there some way that I can send an audiobook file directly from the Inbox to my designated Audiobooks Directory and have them added to the MB library in one move?  

If not, is there some way that I can tag them as Audiobooks within the Inbox but without them disappearing from the Inbox?  (I think flagging something as an MB Audiobook is not done via a standard ID3 tag, right?).

Or am I just going about this is completely the wrong way..?

MB version 3.2.6902

Thanks

Jon
Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 09:10:30 AM by kingjon