Author Topic: Enhancements to device synching  (Read 60452 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was resyncing my whole library, and for a minute I thought there was a big problem because I'm using "preserve folders and filenames" and in the preview some tracks appeared to be missing a level of the folder tree. Then I realized that it's just showing the last two levels of the folder tree, so files which were a level deeper only appeared to be missing a folder. I think either it needs to say somewhere that it's not showing the entire path, or it should just show the entire path.
Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:22:53 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

Almost scared to write it, but it appears that whatever magic you wove into 3.3.6959 did the trick.  All files in my latest sync made it to the phone and stayed there.  Very nice.

Steven

• Administrator
I think either it needs to say somewhere that it's not showing the entire path, or it should just show the entire path.
I have updated it to show the path relative to the synch root folder

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip

Also regarding the device stalling synchronisation after any files have been deleted, I thought I was on to something by placing the Playlists folder in the Music folder ie. Music\Playlists
That did seem to help but in my most recent test i had stalling again while copying a file (usually for me its when the playlists are copied). But i do think it helped, so if its an option for you try that.

getgadgets

Just a quick note: .6961 worked great on a fresh sync. Last week I synced my entire library to a new microsd (7,900 tracks) and after updating to .6961 I was able to add some new tracks over quickly without a problem. Yay!

railfan-eric28

Did several posts and pages get deleted?  I thought there was stuff all the way up till now. But the browser is showing Jan 23 as the last day of a post.
I see the thread branched off to the WIFI thread.   Was this a recent move or did I forget about it?   
Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 02:38:09 AM by railfan-eric28
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It was split a few days ago, maybe a week? Steven did it, I'm sure. Moderators can split threads any time.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

railfan-eric28

It was split a few days ago, maybe a week? Steven did it, I'm sure. Moderators can split threads any time.
Ok thanks.   
I'm using a Galaxy S21, Galaxy 9+, Galaxy S7, a Galaxy Tab S 8.4, Poweramp, and Musicbee.