Author Topic: Entire Folder(including sub folders) search for music file.  (Read 3284 times)

mysteryc

When I select certain folder(Say named "Main") on new tab it does open and lists music directly inside "Main" and not from the sub folders which is inside "Main" which is Ok as listing all music may be a mess. But, why is there no any option(or let me know if there is) to search music by name inside the selected folder(as here "Main") entirely rather than what is only outside of the subfolders and directly inside that "Main". I think there should be two search bar on top right, one for searching music directly inside that selected folder only and another for searching each and every music inside that folder(which obviously includes music insides subfolders or sub-subfolders or all music contained in that folder as a whole). I always have to use normal Windows Explorer to search for music from selected directory so it annoying to use MusicBee for manual folder and music searching and playing, and Explorer to search music in entire folder/directory.
Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:03:10 AM by mysteryc

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can include files in subfolders using the menu shown here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Navigator#Computer
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mysteryc

Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can include files in subfolders using the menu shown here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Navigator#Computer

Thanks for the reply. Including music from subfolders on music list is nice but sometimes it becomes cluttered. I want folders music to be only shown when that folders is clicked   but I want a search like Explorer while on certain folder gone to top right and search searches entire files from that folder contained in it. It would be nice to see top right search of MusicBee had such feature like search music inside folder only or folder entirely.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Got it. That would need to be a Wishlist request, I think.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

mysteryc

Is there any way to make a request to Musicbee? As it is nice music player but I want it to work as file explorer too for searching music inside selected folders entirely most of the time.

boroda

Is there any way to make a request to Musicbee?
post a message on 'whishlist' board of the forum.