Author Topic: How To Tell If A Track's Volume Has Been Analyze  (Read 1111 times)

Knightmare

I recently did a volume analysis on all of the files in my library, but I noticed that I had left some out of the process. I did a volume analysis on the files I missed and just for the heck of it, I decided to test one that I knew for sure was analyzed. When I ran the analysis on the already analyzed file, it said that the track had been updated. This is confusing because it was already analyzed. Does this mean that I reanalyzed and changed the volume again? If not, how can I look at a file's settings or something to know if it has been analyzed? Does it have a specific tag? When I look in the tag (2) section, I don't see anything that indicates an analysis has taken place.

phred

• Global Moderator
You can set up a 'highlighting' rule. Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > highlighting > define rules. Then create a rule where "TrackGain" has no value and give it any name you wish and assign a color.

See the Wiki...
https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Highlighting

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Knightmare

I don't see Track Gain in the list when I'm trying to define a rule.

phred

• Global Moderator
My apologies. I had forgotten that I created TrackGain as a Custom Tag first.

Edit > Preferences > Tags (1) > Custom Tags > Define New Tags... > and for 'label' name it anything you want (TrackGain) and for formula enter "$IsNull(<Track Gain>,,<Track Gain>)" without the quotes. Then use -that- in the highlighting rule.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

If you just want to spot check individual files, the information is on the "Properties" screen in the tagging editor.

If you view your library in "Tracks" view, you can add Track Gain as a column.  The blank ones don't have it set.  You can sort by this column to see them all together.
Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:06:42 PM by frankz

Knightmare

If you just want to spot check individual files, the information is on the "Properties" screen in the tagging editor.

If you view your library in "Tracks" view, you can add Track Gain as a column.  The blank ones don't have it set.  You can sort by this column to see them all together.
AH HA! Okay. That makes sense. Sorry for not thinking of that. Of course, I was under the impression that they would all show 0 db for track gain, but it makes sense that the track gain would display as how much the volume was adjusted.

My apologies. I had forgotten that I created TrackGain as a Custom Tag first.

Edit > Preferences > Tags (1) > Custom Tags > Define New Tags... > and for 'label' name it anything you want (TrackGain) and for formula enter "$IsNull(<Track Gain>,,<Track Gain>)" without the quotes. Then use -that- in the highlighting rule.

I'll also add this. I was a little confused at first because nothing was being highlighted, then I realized that the rule is meant to highlight items that have not been analyzed.

Thank you all for your help!