Author Topic: Default Visualizers Speeding Up Music Playback  (Read 3305 times)

Thalion Korvhas

When using the visualizers that come with Musicbee, they speed up the music playback about 2 or 3x. I am using Win10 pro, asio output. This does not occur under directsound.

I posted about this in January. I have upgraded since then to the latest official release of Musicbee. The issue still occurs. This does not happen with additional visualizers that I have added that I found on this site.

sveakul

A known issue with Asio and these visualizers (search the fourm);  try using wasapi instead.  You might also want to update to the latest bassasio.dll (version 1.3.1.1 from 11-16-2018) here and see if that helps at all:  https://www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassasio.zip

Thalion Korvhas

A known issue with Asio and these visualizers (search the fourm);  try using wasapi instead.  You might also want to update to the latest bassasio.dll (version 1.3.1.1 from 11-16-2018) here and see if that helps at all:  https://www.un4seen.com/stuff/bassasio.zip

Thanks for the suggestion. Wasapi  (shared) fixes the issue - no more speedup when using visualizer. Also the sharing issue that asio is notorious for is not an issue. Since you cannot have two installations of Musicbee -  one with asio & one with wasapi playing side by side, I cannot compare the two easily. But switching between the two, they sound pretty similar. The first versions of Musicbee that I used was under WinXp, & wasapi was not created yet. I went from WinXp to Win10 this year.

I dropped the contents of the x64 folder into the main Musicbee directory & Musicbee went crazy with errors when I tried to select asio. So then, I dropped all the contents of the zip into the main directory of Musicbee leaving the x64 as a subdirectory. I was able to select asio, but The new bassasio.dll did not fix the issue.

For now I am going to stick with wasapi. The ability to choose shared option is big for me. I often have multiple sources of media open & switch. The asio was giving me issues with sharing.

sveakul

I dropped the contents of the x64 folder into the main Musicbee directory & Musicbee went crazy with errors when I tried to select asio. So then, I dropped all the contents of the zip into the main directory of Musicbee leaving the x64 as a subdirectory. I was able to select asio, but The new bassasio.dll did not fix the issue.

Since MusicBee is a 32-bit application, you can't use 64-bit plugins with it,  I just assumed you were aware of that when I pointed you to the bassasio.dll package or I would have gone into more detail;  BASS libraries commonly contain versions for both 64-bit and 32-bit, with the 64-bit always being in its own subfolder.  From the zip package, the only included component you should have in your MusicBee directory is the 32-bit bassasio.dll, be sure to delete the x64 subdirectory in case it may cause future issues.  The two "bassasio.h" and "bassasio.lib" files are not needed.

At any rate, I'm glad to hear that wasapi has solved your problem!  Exclusive mode will bypass the Windows mixer and often provide better sound, but yes you would need to use shared mode or DirectSound if you want to be able to use other audio applications while MusicBee is playing.  Note that pressing "Stop" when MusicBee is using wasapi-exclusive will free up the audio device without having to close MusicBee.
Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:45:53 AM by sveakul

Thalion Korvhas

Note that pressing "Stop" when MusicBee is using wasapi-exclusive will free up the audio device without having to close MusicBee.

I wish it were that easy for youtube. If I use an exclusive driver option for musicbee, play a music file in musicbee & have a youtube video going, I have to refresh the browser page for the youtube video to have sound again even after I hit stop on musicbee. I am using an up to date Firefox.

NickIst

Thanks for the suggestion. Wasapi  (shared) fixes the issue - no more speedup when using visualizer. Also the sharing issue that asio is notorious for is not an issue.
Yes, WASAPI shared fixes the issue with the visualizers and btw it partially fixed the issue with clicking sound. See: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22731.0

Thalion Korvhas

On a side note, using wasapi seems to have solved another issue. When I was using asio with musicbee portable on Win10, it would crash multiple times just trying to open it. I would have to open musicbee multiple times before it would actually stay open.

Steven

• Administrator
handling has now been added for WASAPI (exclusive) and ASIO for all types of visualisers

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee33_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

Thalion Korvhas