Author Topic: Version Agnostic - Locate In Playlist Works on One Install But Not the Other  (Read 845 times)

frankz

This is something that has survived many versions of MusicBee for me and I can't figure out what I've got set up wrong on my main install that prevents Right Click -> Search -> Locate in Playlist from working.

For reference, I've got two MB installs pointed to a networked library with networked music files.  I copied the settings and layout from the main install over when installing the second.

On the second install, Locate in Playlist works fine and always has.

On the main install, it never has.  The list of playlists for the song comes up, but when I click the playlist name nothing happens.  All other similar search options work as expected.

The main install is on the same computer as the library and music files, but everything is referenced by network address just as it is in the second install.  The main install is on a desktop computer that is many times more powerful and capable than the laptop the second install is on.

This is not a major problem obviously, but it is something that's always bugged me.  I don't even know where to start in figuring out why it's not working.  I don't know what to look at.  Maybe copy back the settings from the second install to the main one?  Is this something that would even have anything to do with settings?  Maybe it's something that's not even internal to MB.

Both installs are Win 10.

No Avast on either computer, by the way.  Strictly Defender with the appropriate MB directories white listed.
Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 06:17:52 PM by frankz

frankz

I finally got digging into musicbee3settings.ini and found the culprit I think.

This setting - NavigatorPlaylistExpanded  - was "false" in the one that wasn't working and "true" in the one that was working, and the one that wasn't working started working once I set it to "true" there.

Coincidence or fix?  I don't know.