Author Topic: MusicBee primary scan makes files/folders disappear  (Read 610 times)

roadrunner

Newbee to MB, just installed MB, upon launch selected folders on my external hard drive. MB scanned everything, was able to play music. But windows explorer said original folder is empty, doesn't list any of the subdirectories/files. Tried searching for mp3 under myPC and nothing turned up.
Closed MB and relaunched, couldn't play any file as it threw 'file not found in original location'.

I just want to assure that I ran with default settings and the auto organize features were all off.

I restarted the machine, MB was able to recognize paths again and playback. When I tried going to the file location in the external hard drive, no subdirectory was listed. Then I tried double clicking, it said  "you don't have permission to this folder , do you want to enable ?" I did that and viola, I could see all the folders/files again.

Just wanted to report this weird behavior. Does anybody else see the same issue.

redwing

Sounds like a folder permission issue in that you didn't have the full control over the folder.