Author Topic: Ratings Node in Navigator Panel  (Read 8970 times)

TurboMad

Great Program, excellent work. I am really enjoying using MusicBee

Feature Request: Ratings Node in the Navigator Panel.

I use ratings to sort my 100k plus library, e.g. new tracks, untagged 0 stars, tagged 2 stars, first time played 2.5 stars etc. To be able to quickly show tracks by rating would be a great feature for me.

Thanks

VX

You mean Ratings Node in Library Explorer sorting options ???  If so, I second that request.

Note that in current MB version you can use Album Ratings to sort Albums in Library Explorer.
To do so, go to Navigation Panel / Library Explorer / Rightclick / Sort by / Define Custom Sorting and choose Album Ratings form the expandable list.

I think Sort by / Rating (for a single track) should be accessible from the Rightclick menu in Library Explorer.
Current MB version allows to sort by Rating for a single file in the Main Panel though.

OrB

I think there is a existing solution
you can define library filters to view quickly subsets : MB ->Preferences -> Library

carloscs

Partial solution Ratings work as a Track Browser filter.

Requests:

1. When in the Track Browser I choose Ratings as one of the filters, the list contains "2, 2.5, 3, ...". If it contained the usual stars it would be nicer.

2. add ratings as an option to the custom "Sort by" list. it's absent now.

Hmm, with the second request I wonder if two custom sortings are enough as I said moments ago in another post :)

OrB

.. and you can misuse Auto-Playlist for sorting  :)

Steven

• Administrator
Feature Request: Ratings Node in the Navigator Panel.
are you refering to the main panel or the library explorer on the left panel? if the main panel, as others have said Rating is already selectable as a track browser field

2. add ratings as an option to the custom "Sort by" list. it's absent now.
i will add it

Steven

• Administrator
i added support for rating in the library explorer anyway - its in the next update

TurboMad

Thanks for the response. Yes I am getting used to terminology for MB. Ratings in Library Explorer is what I meant; sorry for the confusion, and Steven thanks for including in a future update.

VX

Works as expected in MB 1.24064. Thanks for the implementation  :)

TurboMad

Steven

• Administrator
i've made the ratings node in the library explorer and also the track browser as star rating rather than a number
http://www.mediafire.com/?vp95g7d9nn69ypk

carloscs

Thank you, Rating stars working fine.

I wonder though, if the natural Ratings order shouldn't be descending? At least for me, it feels better having the five stars on top rather than on bottom.

TurboMad

Great improvement with the stars. Thanks again!
I agree with carlosc "normal" view with other music players is descending.
Maybe this could be a user option?