Author Topic: Album orientation  (Read 3174 times)

sleiN13

First (to not sound ungrateful) I love your program. I've been using Winamp for 15 years or so and searched for something better ever since. Finally I ended up with winamp + albumList plugin for my album oriented needs. Until I found MusicBee that replaced winamp after the first day and is there to stay :)

Because I always play albums instead of individual tracks I've got MB configured to show al cover art in the main panel and shuffle album based at the end of the album.

There just a few things I would like to do differently or still would like to see in MB

1. First a global hot-key to play the next (random/shuffle) album. I could only find a next track function.

2. Option to click and play a album from the main panel. The function now is to show the album tracks or I have to click the play now button part. Would it be possible to switch those two functions around so clicking on the cover will play it and if hover above it button or right click the album will show you the tracks.

3. Show the tracks of the current playing album in the now playing list, preferably in the left panel because that's pretty empty at the moment for me :)

Again thanks for this great program.

Steven

• Administrator
3. Show the tracks of the current playing album in the now playing list, preferably in the left panel because that's pretty empty at the moment for me :)
it should already be showing all the tracks queued for the album you are playing. Perhaps could you send a screenshot so i know what you mean.
Re: the left panel, you can collapse it and navigate from the location bar (a drop-down button is added to the location bar)

sleiN13

Image: http://slein13.homedns.org/Junk/MB_Album_setup.jpg

Now playing list is now at the bottom. As you can see there is empty space at the left side of MB I would like to put the now playing list there (under Library and playlist links I don't really use) and above the album art and track specific information at the lower left corner. I know I can't place all information then in the now playing list but I really only want to see track nr, title and duration.

As you can also see in the now playing list it shows track nr 4000+ while it only plays the current album and then (jumps) selects a new one to play because of the shuffle. So technically it is showing correctly because it will play all the albums if given the 13 days to play but I would rather only see the currect tracks of the current album playing.

That raises a question is shuffle a repeating cycle of all albums or just random jumps to albums with no history?

example: albums: 1, 2, 3, 4
shuffle: 2, 4, 3, 1, | 4, 3, 1, 2
random: 2, 3, 2, 4, 1, 2, 4, 3

Sarge

2. Option to click and play a album from the main panel. The function now is to show the album tracks or I have to click the play now button part. Would it be possible to switch those two functions around so clicking on the cover will play it and if hover above it button or right click the album will show you the tracks.

Slein did you know you can already do this in Album View..Just click the artwork Once to highlite it, then run and hold your pointer on the name/artist ..under the artwork..a track list drop down will appear and you can choose and play whatever track you want.

sleiN13

Slein did you know you can already do this in Album View..Just click the artwork Once to highlite it, then run and hold your pointer on the name/artist ..under the artwork..a track list drop down will appear and you can choose and play whatever track you want.

I would like to start playing the album directly when clicking on the artwork, instead of having to precisely click on the <play> button that appears.