Author Topic: I just want to cry....  (Read 1015 times)

ChrisNY

This is probably not a bug or the right place - but after years of trying a tiresome series of busy, cluttered, impractical music players - I was SO HAPPY to find MusicBee a few years ago. It was EXACTLY what I wanted. Not littered with unwanted album art, giving me a good overview of my music and good ways to sort it - pick the Genre, then on the right it shows all the artists in that genre, and at the bottom all the songs.

Then a couple of years ago I happily upgraded to the latest version of MusicBee - but it was totally different from the MusicBee I loved & wanted. It is so customizable that I wasted hours and weeks hoping it might take just a few tweaks to get back some semblance of what I fell in love with. Then I give up for 6 months, then try with renewed hope only to fail again.

Am I missing a really obvious setting? Or wold it be very difficult to re-add that basic but beloved interface as an option? I attach an image from the one computer that still has the version that captured my passion. Do people really WANT all the crap & graphics that get in the way of managing & listening to your music? I just don't understand it. Oh, well, had to vent off, and take at least a shot with my plea to give us back what was so perfect in the first place. Thanks

frankz

Edit->Edit Preferences->Layout(1)->Arrange Panels

Add "Column Browser" from the right.  Goes to "Main Panel Section"
Click "[...]" next to it to arrange as needed
Dry Eyes

Note: I had to drag the bottom of the added section down to resize/display it

ma_t14

The layout you are looking for can easily be replicated again if you make a few changes.

I have done that for you though, so all you have to do is use View > Import / Export > Import panel arrangement...

and then import the following file after downloading it.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x4kzj2bplna05hh/basic.layout/file