Author Topic: MusicBee automatically changing album art  (Read 4036 times)

srikanthdubey

I am very particular about the album art on my music, which is why I manually enter all album art on each track. Yet, MusicBee randomly changes album art of a few albums without me knowing about it. I only get to know about this change once I play the track and actually view the cover art.

I am perfectly satisfied with the cover art I add myself, I do not need or want MusicBee to meddle with it. Is there any setting I can disable, which I'm not able to find? Any help will be appreciated.

frankz

Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)->Deselect all storage options

Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(2)->auto-tagging->deselect auto-retrieve

srikanthdubey

Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(1)->Deselect all storage options

Edit->Edit Preferences->Tags(2)->auto-tagging->deselect auto-retrieve

Thank you. I have done what you've suggested. I won't really know if it made a difference, but hopefully I wouldn't see different artwork again.

Steven

• Administrator
Yet, MusicBee randomly changes album art of a few albums without me knowing about it.
It does no such thing. I am assuming you are making that assertion based on what is displayed in the track info panel and havent actually checked a file in the tag editor.
If you follow what frankz has suggested, that will stop MB downloading and displaying album art from the web if the music file has no existing artwork associated. The artwork associated with a file is set in the Tags(1) preferences, which does not include folder.jpg by default. So if thats the only artwork for the files in question you should include folder.jpg and click the rescan button.

srikanthdubey

Yet, MusicBee randomly changes album art of a few albums without me knowing about it.
I am assuming you are making that assertion based on what is displayed in the track info panel and havent actually checked a file in the tag editor.
If you follow what frankz has suggested, that will stop MB downloading and displaying album art from the web if the music file has no existing artwork associated. The artwork associated with a file is set in the Tags(1) preferences, which does not include folder.jpg by default. So if thats the only artwork for the files in question you should include folder.jpg and click the rescan button.
I have, on multiple occasions replaced the artwork through a different tag editor. I am unaware of all these different artwork storage options, and have always embedded artwork in the file itself. There are only 5-6 tracks at most in my library with no artwork since those are personal recordings. Artwork has never been added to them. It is unfortunate that I cannot possibly show you how the problem occurs.

The most baffling aspect of this problem is that once a track from a compilation album had it's artwork replaced to the original album's artwork. Even though the tags were (to my knowledge) catering to the compilation album.