Author Topic: Source not found  (Read 2119 times)

sambice

*EDIT - OK, after uninstalling and reinstalling Musicbee. I can see that for some reason there has been a new folder path to one particular album inserted into the middle of the correct path for every track in Library and Inbox.

e.g.
It should be: //NASA/Public/Music/Album Name/files.***
It is now : //NASA/Public/Music/ONE SPECIFIC ALBUM FOLDER/Album Name/files.***

Should I just let it rescan the entire library to gracefully fix this without breaking all my playlists?  Which are unaffected and have the old, correct path. It's only entries under Library and Inbox that are broken. Other folders, like Podcasts are also unaffected. If I do wont it break all the sortable info like date added, recent, etc?

ORIGINAL POST:
Hi all, is anyone else having issues with "source not found"?

For a few days now I can't Play/Edit anything from my Library or Inbox.
I can add new music to the destination folder, MsuicBee will scan the files and add them to my Inbox, and can clearly see, scan and source them ... but then try to play and "Source not found".
I have rebooted everything, router, laptop, NAS drives. Multiple times.

I've had this setup running for years with very few problems.

Some info.
Running current MusicBee build.
Server installed on a Windows 10 laptop, with a wired connection to Router.
Music stored on a NAS drive wired to router.
Laptop and NAS drive appear connected and are accessible and streamable to other software (File Explorer, Plex, Android).
Though if I manually start a "scan for new files" in Musicbee.. it's says my entire library (very large) are new files, and starts the scanning and importing process, and Í'm scared to let it finish in case it breaks things; So have been hitting cancel.

Thoughts? Suggestions appreciated.

Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 05:55:53 AM by sambice

frankz

Use the File->Library->Relink utility to remap  //NASA/Public/Music/ONE SPECIFIC ALBUM FOLDER/ back to //NASA/Public/Music/ and you should be good to go.  Other methods will erase your history.

sambice

Hi Steven,

Just a heads up that MusicBee just crashed and on restarting couldn't find any source files.

After half a day of restarting routers and laptops and NAS drives and so on, I've just realised that it has randomly done this thing again; where it inserts the path to one particular album into the middle of the path of my entire library and breaks it.

It is fixable again with that remapping function, but any idea why it's doing this?

Cheers, Sam