Author Topic: How to make a “compilation” album  (Read 3784 times)

Monty

Hi, sorry if I am asking something very basic, or if it has been asked many times before, but I am new here, so please forgive my ignorance.

I have created a playlist of about 250 tracks which I want to use to create a compilation to add to the MP3 player, whilst keeping the original tracks the same.

I know I could just add them as a playlist, but I want them to appear as a single album rather than appear on the MP3 player as individual albums of a couple of tracks each.

My idea is to send the playlist to a new folder and then add this folder back into music bee and then rename the tracks as :

Artist : “Various Artists”
Album : “Juke box”
Title : “Artist” - “Title”. e.g. Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

I Have managed to do this manually which is ok for say 20 tracks, but hard work for 250 as I have to type in the new title from artist and title each time.

Is there a way of doing this using tags and templates - I have tried but failed miserably.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jippijip

In the settings tab of the tag editor, you can also use the "iTunes compilation" setting to have the album artist treated as "Various Artists" while keeping the original artists.