Author Topic: Visual glitch with artwork when switching a view  (Read 1380 times)

redwing

After switching from tracks view to album & tracks compact view, scrolling the main panel up and down a bit makes artwork images broken.
https://i.imgur.com/hsKNcsZ.png

F5 fixes it only temporarily. If you keep scrolling, it brings the glitch back.
It could have something to do with group by setting enabled in tracks view but I'm not sure.
PMed my settings file.

Steven

• Administrator
I cant reproduce this using your settings file. Could you post a screenshot of the entire screen?
Usually this issue relates to the mis-alignment of one of the panels

Steven

• Administrator
On my computer using your settings, the column browser shows but in your screenshot its not there.
I am guessing this is the issue.
From your point of view, should the column browser be showing? I see no reason for it not to but perhaps you are using a custom view or custom  tab layout that i dont have. Also have you restarted MB?

redwing

I didn't show column browser in the screenshot because I can reproduce it without showing it.
Restarting MB fixes it. But if I repeat the same steps, I can reproduce it. I've seen this for weeks occasionally but reported it today after learning the steps to reproduce. I think it has something to do with the tracks view. If I switch from album covers view, it doesn't happen.

Steven

• Administrator
I still cant reproduce this using the steps provided. The only thing I suspect is its somehow related to the thumbnail browser being marked as hidden.
I will leave this unsolved for now

redwing

I have removed the both filtering panels and still can reproduce it. So it's not about those.
When trying to reproduce it, selecting a file seems to matter in both views. So in tracks view try selecting one or two files, and after switching a view, select another file before scrolling up and down. 

Steven

• Administrator
Could you try minimising or removing the vertical tag editor.
And when it does happen, if you minimise and restore MB, does it repaint correctly?

redwing

No, those have no effect on the corrupt images.
The only thing working is hiding both side panels. Hiding either one has no effect.

redwing

No, hiding both side panels has only temporary effect. Keeping scrolling brings the glitch back.

Steven

• Administrator
i am sorry redwing but i cant reproduce this and have no idea what is going on to make it happen for you.

redwing

Also note in my first screenshot artwork is only visible in the part parallel to the sub-header row.
For an album with no sub-header, artwork doesn't show up for the album when this happens.

redwing

I'll keep investigating and let you know if I find something.

Steven

• Administrator
I think it might be related to doing this from a computer folder as I can reproduce this when browsing a computer folder with "include sub-folders" enabled. Does it happen when you do the same from the Music Library?

redwing

This is what I have just reproduced it with a fresh 3.2 installation: https://i.imgur.com/XE0pc5R.jpg

The only thing I did was Tracks view grouped by album artist> Album & Tracks view. While importing test files, I enabled the sub-folders option.