Author Topic: All Music Disappeared  (Read 2020 times)

josephzitt

As of this morning, with nothing having changed since it was working last night, MusicBee appears not to be seeing the music in my music folder. I have everything (close to 1 TB) in H:\Media\Music .The files appear in Explorer and play in VLC. But MusicBee doesn't see them. It claims that the Library is empty.

I'm running 3.2.6827 under Windows 10.

Any clues?

josephzitt

I rescanned the library, and it all came back. Unfortunately, that means that the Added Date for all the tracks is now today, rather than the actual dates, going back to 2011.

redwing

Maybe it's already late but if you can, make a copy of MusicBeeLibrary.bak file in your library folder without exiting from MB.
If it's not overwritten already, that should contain the original date if you change the extension to mbl and run MB with it.

josephzitt

Thanks. I tried it, but it was, indeed, too late. Ah, well.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I rescanned the library, and it all came back. Unfortunately, that means that the Added Date for all the tracks is now today, rather than the actual dates, going back to 2011.

If you have a Last FM account and the MB Plugin for Last FM Plugin then you may be able to sync back most of that data!
Worked very well with about 90% of my play stats when I moved from i-Toons...
(Also, any tracks you may have played on your Android device with 'Last FM', 'Scrobble Droid', or 'Simple Last FM' installed).
Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:55:47 PM by Freddy Barker

Steven

• Administrator
The usual reason the library gets corrupted is when powering off the computer while MB is still saving.
The next v3.3 update will apply additional validation to detect when the database is corrupted and hence automatically revert to the last backup.

josephzitt

The usual reason the library gets corrupted is when powering off the computer while MB is still saving.
The next v3.3 update will apply additional validation to detect when the database is corrupted and hence automatically revert to the last backup.

My apartment appears to have had a power glitch last night, so that may have affected things. Thanks for putting in the new validation (and for all your other work).