Author Topic: Scan for new files with customizing tags  (Read 1985 times)

frako

Hi, is there any way to avoid automatic tagging new files during scanning new files? For instance, I have a lot of albums with lousy tagged songs and after the import they are completely messed up and sorted under wrong Artist folder. Is it possible to import albums with my own template as it is possible under Auto-Tag by Track/Infer and Update Tags from Filename? This would save a lot of time repairing wrong imports...

frankz

Maybe I'm not understanding. 

You're importing these files with bad tags, but you have auto-organize enabled under Edit->Edit Preferences->Library?  Why?

If I had bad tags, I'd turn off auto-organize.  Then import the files to the Inbox.  Then correct the tags using whatever method.  Then right click the files and select "Send To->Folder (Move)->Move Files To Organized Folders with the "Add to library" option selected.  That seems to be the most efficient way.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Did you activate auto-organize? Frankz is right, that's what it sounds like it's happening. If you import to the inbox, you can sort the tags out and then send it to the library to be organized with studio-organize (or use move to organized folder like frankz says, which is like auto-organize with more selective control.).
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frako

Thank you for your replies. No, I am not using Auto-Organize, maybe I was not clear enough. It is just the problem when adding new files. I miss more options, especially possibility to add Artist and Album (and other infos) from folder name. Before MusicBee I was using OrangeCD, but creator of the software stopped developing it. OrangeCD has custom import (I attached picture) and it would be great if similar is possible also in MusicBee.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee will allow you to update tags from the File name once the files are imported. Select files, right click, auto.tag by track, infer and update tags from file names.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

frako

Yes, that's true, but I can do this just for one album at time. It would be much easier to do this automatically for several during the import...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You should be able to do that for any number of files at once. Auto-tag by album can only do one album at a time, but infer and update tags from file names does not have any restrictions.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)