Author Topic: Ability to rename files within the program?  (Read 23944 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i've tried this but it doesnt work well visually and makes the screen look cluttered and its not easy to see the menu without some changes. I might revisit this at a later date with the help of one of the skinning experts

VX

Thank you very much for trying  :) Let's hope our skinning experts and designers could help with that.

And what is Your opinion on:
changing the 'Edit' command in the right-click menu to 'Edit tags and filenames (F2)'

F2 is standard shortcut for renaming in most Windows applications and the above command would be more informative.
 The current "Edit" could be misleading: Edit what ??? Selected audio track with external audio editor  ???

SileneDioica

Hi there!

I tried out your program for some days and I LOVE it!

I found most of the funktions i was searching for. I'm just still looking for a possibility to rename multiple files by tag. The rename-button in the songs preferences works only if I have marked only one song.

Is there a way I am missing?

Thanks!
Silene

redwing

I'm just still looking for a possibility to rename multiple files by tag. The rename-button in the songs preferences works only if I have marked only one song.

Is there a way I am missing?

As suggested from the previous posts in this thread, you could use Send to> Folder(move) to organized folders. Or use Tools> Organize Files from main menu after selecting files.

SileneDioica

Thanks, that did the job :). Didn't find it before in my german version... Thanks a lot for your quick support!

However there IS the possibility to rename (one file) by tag in the tag-editor. As a feature-Request I'd suggest making it usable for multiple files too since it's rather easy to find in an intuitive way. The tagging-window works fine with multiple files when it's just tagging and not renaming, so why not putting this renaming button to a wider use too ^^. Right now when many files are selected this button is still there but not doing anything (not clickable).

SileneDioica

... but very low priority ;D... don't wanna be the New-User-Feature-Reqester ^^.

I'm happy already now that i found it :D.

I'm impressed now, having found out this is a 1-person-work. Awesome!!!

bilbo_b

I have tried MB today the first time. If mark on file, i could edit the Tags. But the Rename Button is greyed out. What im doing wrong?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you have auto-organize turned on?  If so, the file name will be updated automatically once you save.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)