Author Topic: Full Ban State Gets Lost When Restarting MusicBee  (Read 1825 times)

Dryst

I love MusicBee, and it works great.  There is one issue that I have experienced with all versions of the software I have ever used so far.  I am finding that people have previously reported this same issue with a report of not being able to reproduce made:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=19735.0

I an using the absolute latest version of:  3.2.6827

I just reproduced this issue with interesting findings this time.  As soon as I edit APE or FLAC files to set full ban as shown on the link above under the settings tab, this state remains only when the application remains open.  If I close then restart MusicBee, I saw the ban state appear for all files I set upon restart, then it was cleared for all these same files after less than one second.  There does seem to be an issue related to this feature.  If I can help provide more details to help pinpoint the cause, I am more than happy to.

My entire music library is stored on my NAS that is accessible to MusicBee via Windows networking.  MusicBee has full read and right access to my library share, and it is able to save rating state for particular files.  I also have no issues with last.fm love state.  That works without issue too.  The issue is limited to ban state.  This state gets lost no matter how I set it.  Again, I have never been able to use this feature without ban getting lost upon restarting with any version of MusicBee I have ever used.

Why do I wish to use this feature?  I have intentional duplicate files of different bitrates stored on my network share.  When using auto DJ, placing a Full Ban on the particular files that I do not wish selected in a mix ensures that none of the lower bitrate files ever get selected.  Again, the feature works if I ban files after starting MusicBee, but it continuously gets reset for reasons unknown to me each time I restart the application.  Since many people have posted regarding this same issue (according to Google), it appears that I am not the only one who faces this.
Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:10:28 PM by Dryst

Dryst

I also use the ban feature to avoid having the same music that may exist in a greatest hits album that appears on a different released album.  This feature is a unique and great idea.  If it retained state after starting, I would be able to make use of it.

Steven

• Administrator
If you check the last.fm plugin settings, its because you are synching the loved tracks which overwrites any ban status. So disable that in the plugin

Dryst

Thanks so much for responding.  If I turn this feature off, does this then mean that I must use the last.fm website to set loved track status?  Last.fm does not have a ban status.  I do understand the rationale behind the design decision.  In my case though, I lose some functionality.

Dryst

I disabled Synchronize Loved tracks under plugin settings, and the issue went away.  This may explain why it was not able to be reproduced in the past.

I will need to try the software to see if I have lost the ability to love tracks directly from within MusicBee now.

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
last.fm doesnt support banning anymore so i have changed the synch to only consider the love status

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

Dryst

Thank you so much for your help!  With this patched version, I am able to turn loved track syncing back on without losing banned state.