Author Topic: Personnel information  (Read 1045 times)

johnbgood

Where would be a good place to put information about the people playing on an album. I collect mostly jazz and when I rip a CD I get some info but not personnel - this info is useful for me but I don't see an obvious place to put it. I assume I will have to manually write it somewhere but don't see an obvious place

ToitoineFou

You can use the Artist Splitter next to the Artist field where you can enter personnel and their role/instrument.

phred

• Global Moderator
this info is useful for me but I don't see an obvious place to put it. I assume I will have to manually write it somewhere but don't see an obvious place
What about adding the info to the comments tag? Or as ToitoineFou said, use the artist splitter.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

johnbgood

Thanks - have found the artist splitter. Will try that - going to take me a lifetime to input everything!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You might check out musicbrainz Picard as a tagger. Their database often had the full personnel list, add if it's not there you can add the data for the whole world to use, not just yourself.

Look for my thread on Picard & MusicBee in the beyond MusicBee forum to get started. Hiccup had also done some good work on this recently.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)