Author Topic: Artist being deleted  (Read 621 times)

MeatloafSalad

Ok this is beyond bizarre. The Moody Blues entire discography has been deleted twice now. The first time I thought it was a fluke but it obviously isn't.

I put all of my new music in my inbox folder, make sure it's all tagged correctly, and then move it into my music folder. I have it set up so that moving it in musicbee moves all the files and renames then correctly in windows.

Sometimes in this last year I noticed that the Moody Blues had all been deleted. I thought maybe it was a weird fluke or that I deleted it by accident so I added all their albums again. I went to listen to an album today I noticed that they were all gone again

The album folders, artwork, and cue and m3u files are all there in Windows, but the flac files of the songs have all disappeared again.

What gives? This is driving me crazy!!

sveakul

By "deleted", do you mean not referenced in your Library, or that the physical FLAC music files are no longer on your PC?  If you do a search in Windows File Explorer, does it find the FLAC files?  If the files are still on your PC but don't show up in your Library, have you tried Tools/Advanced/Rescan All Files?  MusicBee will not physically delete a file from the PC without a confirmation dialog giving a clear choice.

MeatloafSalad

I mean that the files themselves have been deleted on my PC. When I go to the artist folder in Windows explorer, the album folders, artwork, and cue and m3u files are all there, but the flac files of the songs have disappeared.

sveakul

From your first post ("I have it set up so that moving it in musicbee moves all the files and renames then correctly in windows") it sounds like you have the "auto-organize media files" option selected-- is that the case?  Instead of just looking in the folder you expected to find them in with Windows Explorer, did you try doing an actual Search in Windows to see if they had been moved elsewhere?

Also, please confirm if you have tried Tools/Advanced/Rescan All Files.