Author Topic: [6833] Locations of panel elements changed  (Read 1937 times)

theta_wave

With 6833, the first time I updated in over a month, I noticed that the ratings and fav buttons shifted over to the left of the track playing panel on all DarkRED flat skins, shown in the first image below.  The prior placements is shown in the second picture taken from an older build, 6735, after reverting.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That seems likely to be a change in the skin, and unless it breaks functionality it's not really a bug.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

theta_wave

That seems likely to be a change in the skin, and unless it breaks functionality it's not really a bug.

The skin hasn't been updated in over a year, so the update is a regression bug.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I tried to reproduce your layout, and the rating is showing up to the left of the wavebar for me. You're saying they should be on the right?

Nevermind, I realized that in order to have the layout you have, it has to be the .xml version of the skins. That means the skin file doesn't control the layout of the player panel. So this is a change that Steven made. It may be related to the new default skin he's working on.
Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:24:43 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Only bitmap skins can control the specific layout of player controls. DarkRED Flat is a standard and as such reflects the default layout which is how I intended.
The only way to get exactly what you want is to use or create a .xmlc skin. See the tips and tricks section for info on enhancing existing .xmlc skins

theta_wave

Only bitmap skins can control the specific layout of player controls. DarkRED Flat is a standard and as such reflects the default layout which is how I intended.
The only way to get exactly what you want is to use or create a .xmlc skin. See the tips and tricks section for info on enhancing existing .xmlc skins

Ah, so it was a design decision.  Since that's the case, can you provide an updated link to to Skin Creator so I can create an xmlc from "DarkRED Flat.xml"?  The mediafire link in your post has expired.  Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpcatzggo6bmtgz/SkinCreator2.zip?dl=1

but honestly you will find it much easier to start with endevour's metro .xmlc file and create a darkRed.xml that includes a dependency on one of the metro skins
Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 09:24:07 PM by Steven