Author Topic: Copy Current View Settings strangeness...  (Read 1294 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
In an attempt to get 10 of my Auto-Playlists to have the SAME 'Columns' and 'Displayed Fields', I selected Auto-Playlist #1 and used the Header Menu option "Custom Views / Copy Current View Settings to" - and entered "Test"

... that resulted in the creation of an mbv file in folder:-
MusicBee\AppData\Saved Settings\Views\Test.mbv

ALL of my current 23 Auto-Playlists (but not the Playlist-Mixer), are now identical, and there is no menu option to change any of them back to DEFAULT.
Also, ALL of the 23 Auto-Playlists now list the "Last Played Date & Time" column in chronological order, despite all configured to "Selected by: Random" AND "Shuffle: Random"

The only way to reverse the changes, is to delete 'Test.mbv' and restart MB (v 3.2.6827)

Is it me doing something wrong or a bug?? Answers below please!

Regards: Freddy
Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:14:51 PM by Freddy Barker

Steven

• Administrator
while MB is running there is a default view for each tab/category (music, playlists, etc) so any playlists set the view: Default in the playlists settings will use that view.
So it sounds like view: "test" was the active default view
you can set a playlist view by right clicking on a playlist/ Playlist Settings...

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
while MB is running there is a default view for each tab/category (music, playlists, etc) so any playlists set the view: Default in the playlists settings will use that view.
So it sounds like view: "test" was the active default view
you can set a playlist view by right clicking on a playlist/ Playlist Settings...

Thanks very much! -  I now have the result I've been looking for!

I created 3 Custom views from the Header Menu option "Custom Views / Copy Current View Settings to", DEFAULT, GROUP and HOUSEKEEPING.
Those new views were then available from "Playlist / Playlist Settings" dialog box, in the "Display using view:" Dropdown menu...
Regards: Freddy