Author Topic: Desktop Lyrics: Display lyrics on your desktop!  (Read 13848 times)

CharlieJiang

Hi all, it's CharlieJiang.
This plugin is for showing lyrics on your desktop, just like clients of very many popular online music services does(such as Netease Cloud Music, QQ Music, Kugou Music, etc.).

The lyrics must in LRC format, synchronized. Offset label is supported.

It can work with NeteaseLyrics plugin in order to display double-line lyrics, if you can provide lrc splitted with slash "/" it can also correctly handled.

To use this plugin, download it from links below:
For users who are in China:
Baidu Netdisk Download, passcode 1sr3  
For users who aren't in China:
OneDrive Download

Just install this plugin in the Plugins tab in the Settings or put the DLL file into the Plugins of your MusicBee installation, and then enable it, set the lyrics style in the settings, and you're ready to rock!

Also, lyrics style can be modified in the Plugins tab. And you can hide or show the desktop lyrics in the MusicBee Menu(View->Desktop Lyrics).

Source Code: GitHub repo:https://github.com/cqjjjzr/MusicBee-DesktopLyrics

Coming Update:  
Pronunciation Marks, Opacity settings.

Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 04:22:30 PM by CharlieJiang
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

Tinidazone

Great.
Can I lock it from accidental Mouse movement
I wear shades 😎 cuz you're just too bright 🔆

CarlM

It's been bugging me for a while but irrespective of skin used the View>Desktop lyrics option is always selected when starting MusicBee. Even if I untick it, the next time I run MusicBee it is ticked again and the on-screen display of the track title is displayed an the default location (even if you move it next time you run MusicBee it returns to it's default position). It's really annoying when I'm working as the track title keeps getting in the way of my work. Is it a bug or intended activity?

phred

• Global Moderator
A screenshot might be helpful here. Especially since I'm not aware of any View > Desktop lyrics menu item. Is it possible you're using the mini-lyrics plugin? If so, disable it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

wibef77232

You can add a keyboard shortcut to enable / disable it.

PS: The bug always has to be reported with the creator of the plugin.

phred

• Global Moderator
The bug always has to be reported with the creator of the plugin.
Yes, that's true. And it would've been more helpful if the OP had mentioned s/he was referring to a plugin.
You can either disable or uninstall the plugin. Or, as suggested, add a keyboard hotkey to quickly enable and disable it.

I have moved this to the plugin's thread.
Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 01:04:01 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

CharlieJiang

It's been bugging me for a while but irrespective of skin used the View>Desktop lyrics option is always selected when starting MusicBee. Even if I untick it, the next time I run MusicBee it is ticked again and the on-screen display of the track title is displayed an the default location (even if you move it next time you run MusicBee it returns to it's default position). It's really annoying when I'm working as the track title keeps getting in the way of my work. Is it a bug or intended activity?

It would better to offer this proposal in the GitHub Issues of the plugin. And unfortuneately, because I have little spare time currently due to heavy schoolwork :(, it would be hard for me to fix the problem you've mentioned(To fix it, the display settings must be persisted onto setting files.). I would appreciate if you could send a pull request to the repository :)
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

Klubuntu

Desktop Lyrics Bugged (Please Help Me)

MusicBee v3.3.7491.38139D  (Win10.0), 12 lis 2020 13:59:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   w MusicBeePlugin.LyricsRenderer.RenderLyrics(String lyric, Font font)
   w MusicBeePlugin.FrmLyrics.DrawLyrics1Line(String lyrics)
   w MusicBeePlugin.FrmLyrics.Redraw()
   w MusicBeePlugin.FrmLyrics.UpdateLyrics(String line1, String line2)
   w MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.<UpdateLyrics>b__207_0(String line1, String line2)
CODE
<a href="https://imgur.com/a/7Erm8i4"/>

yst

after 1 hour the lyrics display will stop there , how to fix it , thanks in advance  !

stardepp

I am experiencing an error. I set font size 11, but after restarting MusicBee, the font size is at 1125. How can I fix this error?

hiccup

@CharlieJiang

Running your Desktop Lyrics plugin (dll v1.8 ) through VirusTotal, it gets triggered by 14 antivirus engines saying it contains a Trojan virus:

Can you comment on this?

Edit:
CharlieJiang responded very promptly to my reports on virus warnings in another (similar) thread here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24313.msg214269#msg214269

To me he seems a reliable and trustworthy person, so let's see how this problem can get solved…
Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 07:41:03 PM by hiccup

CharlieJiang

@CharlieJiang

Running your Desktop Lyrics plugin (dll v1.8 ) through VirusTotal, it gets triggered by 14 antivirus engines saying it contains a Trojan virus:

Can you comment on this?

I too tried to run the dlls in VirusTotal and got the same result, which is rather weird. The project has its source code publish at https://github.com/cqjjjzr/MusicBee-DesktopLyrics and the codebase is small (not so small as NeteaseLyrics, ~1900 SLOC of C#, but still quite controlable) so it can be easily audited, and you can build the project and again put it into VirusTotal.

I rebuilt the project from scratch using VS2022 (17.6.1) and the result is the same, so I believe it's either

1. False positive from Antivirus engines. I used Fody Costura to weave dependency DLLs into single DLL so this is highly likely the case! (see https://github.com/Fody/Costura/issues/161 );
2. The dependency is posioned. Again the dependency details is published in the GitHub repo (in packages.config). The project has only 5 dependencies (Costura.Fody 3.2.2, Fody 3.3.5, MSBuildTasks 1.5.0.235, Newtonsoft.Json 13.0.1, Cyotek.Windows.Forms.ColorPicker 1.7.2), and none has been reported as posioned as far as I can search, so the possibility for dependency posioning is slim.

I severly doubt that this is a case of false positive. Could you try to rebuild the project from source and see if the virus flags persist?
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限

CharlieJiang

@CharlieJiang

Can you comment on this?

I too tried to run the dlls in VirusTotal and got the same result, which is rather weird. The project has its source code publish at https://github.com/cqjjjzr/MusicBee-DesktopLyrics and the codebase is small (not so small as NeteaseLyrics, ~1900 SLOC of C#, but still quite controlable) so it can be easily audited, and you can build the project and again put it into VirusTotal.

I rebuilt the project from scratch using VS2022 (17.6.1) and the result is the same, so I believe it's either

1. False positive from Antivirus engines. I used Fody Costura to weave dependency DLLs into single DLL so this is highly likely the case! (see https://github.com/Fody/Costura/issues/161 );
2. The dependency is posioned. Again the dependency details is published in the GitHub repo (in packages.config). The project has only 5 dependencies (Costura.Fody 3.2.2, Fody 3.3.5, MSBuildTasks 1.5.0.235, Newtonsoft.Json 13.0.1, Cyotek.Windows.Forms.ColorPicker 1.7.2), and none has been reported as posioned as far as I can search, so the possibility for dependency posioning is slim.

I severly doubt that this is a case of false positive. Could you try to rebuild the project from source and see if the virus flags persist?

Reposted from the replies of the NeteaseLyrics plugin:

Someone in the GitHub issue suggested changing the GUID of the dll in AssemblyInfo.cs, and it did fixed the problem. The original one (c1acdbd8-6b22-4807-bba3-d0237ccd74c1) in my plugins are surprising the same since I copied the AssemblyInfo.cs from the MusicBee SDK demo untouched. Changing them to different ones solved the issue.

It seems that the AV softwares are indeed to be blame. I'll release further versions of those plugins with new GUIDs, but I'd like not to bother to release a version just for rolling the GUID.
宇宙に始まりはあるが、終わりはない。 ---無限