Author Topic: Tab that included a "Sort By" button has disappeared, please help.  (Read 2401 times)

jordd_n18

In the top left there is a tab that says music which I put a green box around. Next to this tab there used to be a drop down arrow which included a "Sort By" option which would allow me to quickly sort and organize how my main page displayed my albums. Currently it is displaying my newest downloads, but sometimes I like to switch the display to show the albums in order of the artists name A-Z and if the artist has multiple albums they would also be sorted by name A-Z. This was all simply done by clicking a dropdown button next to the music tab and finding a "Sort By" button which would give me a good amount of quick options to change how my player displayed my albums easily.
Now this drop down tab is gone and I don't know how to get it back. I know how to re-sort my music by going through the settings and everything but that is a pain and I don't want to have to do that every single time I decide to change how I view my library. Does anyone know of a way to get the little drop down arrow back, or a quick way to re-sort my library?
Anything would be greatly appreciated, and maybe this problem has a very simple solution I am not seeing.

Thanks again

redwing

Click on Configure Layout button just next to the search bar and find "Show Header Bar" menu.

jordd_n18

Click on Configure Layout button just next to the search bar and find "Show Header Bar" menu.

I already have the header bar enabled. Disabling and enabling it does nothing for me. Thanks for the suggestion though!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If your header bar were enabled, there would be another bar between the tab header and your album art, which would say "Albums" at the top left.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

I already have the header bar enabled. Disabling and enabling it does nothing for me. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Then why do I not see it in your screenshot? The sort by option is not located under a tab in the tabs bar but under a view button in the header bar:

Steven

• Administrator
When you choose "Hide Header Menu" for all panels in the header bar, MB reduces the height of the header bar to 10px. You can right click on the header bar top left of each panel in the 10px area to access the menus

jordd_n18

When you choose "Hide Header Menu" for all panels in the header bar, MB reduces the height of the header bar to 10px. You can right click on the header bar top left of each panel in the 10px area to access the menus
This was it, thank you. My Header Bar was being shown but the Header Menu was hidden.