Author Topic: Difference when starting musicbee from icon or double-click on a file  (Read 1549 times)

randy73

Hi all,

New to musicbee and giving it a try this week . Till now I'm impressed but I've experienced a problem which would be a deal-breaker for me

I am using the VST input plugin and  BBE sonic suite VST plugins   (Sonic maximiser, Loudness maximiser , Mach 3 Bass)

The resulting sound is impressive and as good as if not better than jriver.

My problem is that when starting Musicbee with the normal icon  (ie. double clicking on the program itself) , all goes well as expected.

However, if Musicbee is not loaded and I double-click on a file (mp3/flac or whatever) to open musicbee,   Musicbee gets opened WITHOUT the plugins loaded , and even the VST input plugin seems to be absent.   

Very weird problem indeed and cannot managed to solve it at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steven

• Administrator
I can reproduce an issue (in my case its actually freezing MB). I have found the issue for my case - its probably the same as yours but to be certain you will need to run the non-store version.
If you are happy to do that install the standard version from the downloads page and then i will provide a link for the patch file

randy73

Thanks for your reply .. Its comforting to know it's not just me.

I can confirm I am using the standard version and NOT the store version.

Would be glad for any patch for this.

For now I'm just leaving musicbee loaded in the notification tray so it's always in memory when I double click on a file ..     Note this problem does not manifest itself if musicbee is already running in memory.

Thanks & keep up the good work.

randy73

Hi,

Unfortunately the patch didn't work ...  I applied the patch correctly  with the files overwrite option.

Attached please find two images showing differences in plugins when the program is started from it's icon
and when started by double clicking a music file

https://imgur.com/a/8G1hxLg

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator

randy73

Hi,

This works perfectly this time !!

Thanks a lot for such rapid service !

One last question :  Is this patch already applied in the official download or do I re-apply if I have to re-install the program ?

Thanks for this ... 

Steven

• Administrator