Author Topic: iPod & iPhone Driver  (Read 4795 times)

boroda

Original topic had been accidentally deleted. Its new topic.

Plugin status: discontinued, (almost) unsupported now.

NOTE: Plugin had been tested with iTunes 9 and probably wont work with higher versions of iTunes. You can download iTunes 9 from oldapps.com.
Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 12:40:46 PM by boroda74

guijo

Still works with iTunes 12.8... But it requires expert hands and a very clean music managemetn workflow to navigate between its bugs.

Mirage

How do I get iTunes library to frequently update it's library after modifying my MusicBee Library such as adding and deleting songs and such without having to go through the whole process of re-copying the entirety of the library with this plugin? Much appreciate any possible solutions.

Jirachi

Does this still work or is there an alternative? I keep trying to sync and every time that I think it's going to work, the MusicBee icon turns from green to red and it freezes for a bit and it says the sync was aborted!
Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:22:58 AM by Jirachi

boroda

last time i tried to use this plugin (several years ago) all worked fine. not sure how it works now though.

guijo

I can still get it to work as of today, still a pain in the a** to use, and haven't found any alternative so far (though I read somewhere about syncing Musicbee and MediaMonkey)...

amp

I've had catastrophic disasters with music libraries handled under iTunes,  dropped it years ago. Musicbee is hands down the best music library, if not foobar2000. Not an Apple user but iPod is the only device I like to use but I dread installing iTunes just so that I can use Rockbox. I do not use the iPod plugin because it force involves the use of iTunes. What I do is open the latest itunes.exe using 7zip and only extract and install the iTunes64.msi and AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi for lean bare bones support for iPod USB connections to restore the iPod.

Because Musicbee has a unstable connection under a Rockbox USB music sync, where the connection drops every few minutes while syncing; what I do is uninstall Rockbox bootloader (not delete .rockbox folder) reset iPod by holding Menu + Center, and immediately before the Apple logo appears, turn the hold switch on, and the iPod reboots back to normal default "white" interface, sync the iPod under Musicbee as regular flash drive connection to /Music folder, and then install Rockbox bootloader back reset iPod again normally without the hold switch to boot back to Rockbox, all while leaving the internal drive /Music untouched. The USB connection sync stability is flawless under the regular iPod interface as "flash drive", but once you have your full library in sync, one could go back to Rockbox and sync the occasional minor sync. Syncing the occasional song or album under Rockbox should be quick, if the connection drops, just hard reset back to Rockbox and connect again (hold Menu + Center). None of the "flash drive" sync music will appear under the iPod default interface, for that you'd have to use and turn on the plugin, make sure all the iTunes settings are set and then sync as described in the plugins instructions page: https://www.getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/48/ipod-amp-iphone-driver/
Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 09:22:38 PM by amp

phred

• Global Moderator
Understand that this plugin was discontinued as of August 2018, so there is no longer any support for it. Therefore use at your own risk.

In addition, the developer of this plugin hasn't been on the forum since May 2020.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here.