Author Topic: Hiccup's Bible of Tags (all MusicBee, Picard and MP3tag tags + tag mapping)  (Read 10478 times)

hiccup

This is an excel sheet containing all tags related to, or used by MusicBee, Mutagen, and Picard/MusicBrainz that I am aware of.

A couple of years ago I posted an earlier version, but I have been updating it for myself, and by now it also includes all tagging and scripting info on Picard/MusicBrainz that I could find.

So it seemed a good moment to share this updated version.

full sheet

tag mapping

download Hiccup's Bible of Tags

(the sheet is up-to-date for MB 3.5, Picard 2.8.5, Mutagen 1.46.0, Mp3tag 3.19)
Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 07:03:21 PM by hiccup

sveakul

Wow, THANKS hiccup this is an invaluable reference!!  Appreciate all your work in creating this!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Nice work!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

Thanks guys, let me know if you find anything wrong, or have any suggestions for improvement?

hiccup

Updated
(some refinements and a couple of duplicates removed)

hiccup

Updated.

A couple of new entries and descriptions were added. (thanks psychoadept)
And it now has the option to create your own customized and filtered sheet.
(the 'how to' is in the 'HowTo' tab)

hiccup

Great work.

Thanks apokal

Be sure to download the updated version that I just uploaded.
It has some improved formulas and macros, and now the 'Filtered' sheet's formulas will remain intact after using the 'remove blank rows' button.

(explanation is in the 'HowTo' tab)

LDGEB

Thank you for this. Good work.

I'm trying to use and take advantage of the information that you have conveniently provided. I'm having difficult in term of using it and putting it together though. Are you able to assist?

For example, I want to display the "Lyricist", composer is already there so that fine, but Lyricist

The Sheet say that it default in MusicBee and it is compatible with Picard, however under both the Tag Editor in Musicbee (Shift+Enter), in Tags and Tags (2) Menu this field is nowhere to be found.

If you use Tag Inspector it is there, but it is hidden away.

So does that mean I have to use one of the Virtual Tags (Tags (2), under one of those "custom:" tag for it to show?

How do you set up yours to take advantages of tags that Picard/MusicBrainz provide?
Relative artworks location.

hiccup

Thanks LDGEB

In the Tag Editor you can find the lyricist under the 'Lyrics' tab.
If you have more questions about Picard and MusicBee working together, this is the thread created for that purpose:
MusicBrainz Picard Q & A thread

Mr. Trev

Thanks Hiccup. Should make for a handy reference for doing offline work

Nigol

There is no need to have an macro enabled worksheet to do your filtered view. Because of the security concerns, some might be too reluctant too use it.

Here is a version with no need for it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRwkYbUohj2zC7LWOR2JkSqKGPUda33nXgTKap2xFxanJ_K4df0PlXJrcXm2Qx_FymIYnYEt57Swylj/pub?output=xlsx

See below
Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 09:39:45 PM by Nigol

hiccup

There is no need to have an macro enabled worksheet to do your filtered view.
Filtering isn't working in your version.

Nigol

It does, it just seems that Google Docs messed up the conditional formatting you had for the little f. But the Filtering still works since it's all formula based, you enter the f, and it will appear in the filtered list.

Here is the direct excel file, instead of going through GDocs.
https://mega.nz/file/fY8FRYzC#aduIEaTY54-1SaeVZx4w6JLKAwa4o67ZgozvjfpdOM4

Edit:
Here is a Google Docs link for anyone that wants to just try it out. Just make a copy to you local GDrive.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-6w8SBr_sPiC3f-r12UHChmAtgIKyHgFk2UZbbprL3o/edit?usp=sharing
Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 09:35:05 PM by Nigol

hiccup

That one seems to work fine indeed.

Perhaps I need to review the contents of the sheet some time. It's been a while, and there are maybe some things that need corrections or updates?
But then again, nobody has ever reported any flaws or oversights, so maybe it's still o.k.