Author Topic: 8GB Zen - Synchronization not working correctly  (Read 14558 times)

blockhead

The patch also works correctly for me.  Only the songs that were changed/updated in MB were updated/sync'ed to my ZEN player.

ngwoo

Yeah, synchronization is working properly now (even under my "real world" test conditions instead of just with the secondary library) but plays on my device aren't being added to the playcount in my library. In fact, if I view the tracks on my device in Musicbee it shows them all as having zero plays.
Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 04:57:00 AM by ngwoo

ngwoo

I've also noticed that on this version, the "last played" date sometimes does not update after a play. (In the library, not the device)
Works fine with the old exe.
Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:11:00 AM by ngwoo

Steven

• Administrator
I've also noticed that on this version, the "last played" date sometimes does not update after a play. (In the library, not the device)
Works fine with the old exe.
this should fix the sometimes not updating last played (its when you rate or edit tags while the song is playing)

http://www.mediafire.com/?hcgn9ip2c7q2dxp

also for windows portable devices i have now enabled the 2 way synch for playcounts as an option in the Auto-Sync settings tab in the Device Preferences screen. You need to tick this option for the incremental playcounts to synch back to the library.
However for my WPD device, it doesnt support playcounts so i cant prove its working ok (its been tested and working for iPods though)
Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:19:12 PM by Steven

ngwoo

The last played field seems to be updating correctly now.

As for the two-way sync, it doesn't work for my Zen, but MB doesn't detect play counts on my device so I didn't expect it to. I don't know what MediaMonkey did differently in this regard, as it detected my play counts fine.

Not a big deal by any means, though.

Also wanted to thank you for these incredibly fast bug fixes, most developers aren't this dedicated.