Author Topic: (Version 1.8) Spectrogram Panel Plugin  (Read 101937 times)

zkhcohen

Cool, LUFS/R128 is the new standard anyway and it's great the functionality to get the readings is already in ffmpeg.  I assume the "I:" value is the "Intergrated" LUFS value?  Steven changed to R128 for Opus gain tagging not too long ago.  What are your thoughts as far as a GUI display ?  Meters or just numerical values?

Minor edit to my last post.

In terms of a GUI, I'm not sure if panel-integrated meters are possible. If they are, FFMPEG supports streaming that data.

It doesn't seem like that sort of visual analysis is what's most important, though, so numerical values / tags might be better suited.

Fun fact, FFMPEG has its own data interpreter / player, FFPLAY:

Mr. Trev

Since this is the only thing I'd use it for I really can't justify paying for the MAAT offline program.

Have you tried the freeware TT DR Offline Meter 1.4a?  From the same people as the Foobar plugin I believe:
http://dr.loudness-war.info/downloads/DR-Meter-1_4a.zip

I have tried it. IIRC it works OK on an album by album basis, but with the Foobar plugin I can batch process all the files I want and spit the results out as a text file. Then I can go through the results and decide what I want/need to convert at a later date

sveakul

It doesn't seem like that sort of visual analysis is what's most important, though, so numerical values / tags might be better suited.

I agree.  Mr. Trev will be a lot more useful at describing what users might be looking for, I admit I don't even use ReplayGain tags.  BTW, you might as well start a new topic for this project!  Just don't forget about Classic Spectrum Analyzer... ;)

zkhcohen

I agree.  Mr. Trev will be a lot more useful at describing what users might be looking for, I admit I don't even use ReplayGain tags.  BTW, you might as well start a new topic for this project!  Just don't forget about Classic Spectrum Analyzer... ;)

Yeah. I'll split this into another topic later today.

I don't know when I'll get to the Classic Spectrum Analyzer project. I'm also revamping the old Spotify integration plugin using the new auth. API.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Would it be possible to add a right-click menu to the plugin's header/title bar to open the "Configure" menu.
It sure would be a lot easier to access from there, rather than navigating to the Plugins panel everytime.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

zkhcohen

Would it be possible to add a right-click menu to the plugin's header/title bar to open the "Configure" menu.
It sure would be a lot easier to access from there, rather than navigating to the Plugins panel everytime.

Just implemented this. Will roll-out the update later today with some other bug fixes.

zkhcohen

Update 6.1: You can now access the Spectrogram Configuration Panel by right-clicking the panel. Bug fixes. More efficient image generation / resolution matching.

Let me know if there are any issues.

sveakul

Working fine here.  The right-click the panel for options feature is great--and exactly what I hope you'll be able to do for Classic Spectrum Analyzer when the time is right  ;)

HOX

3. A message will appear telling you where to place the plugin's "Dependencies" folder;  extract the whole folder there now.

Stuck here, no message

3.3.7003 version and latest release, musicbee see this plugin (disabled in plugins menu)
Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 04:22:41 PM by HOX

sveakul

HOX:  just go ahead and manually put the Dependencies folder into the MusicBee/Appdata folder.  Restart MusicBee.  Then:

1. In MusicBee navigate to Edit > Edit Preferences > Plugins again. Ensure that "spectrogram-display" appears. Enable it, and hit Save.

2. Navigate to View > Arrange Panels...

3. Drag the "spectrogram-display" element from the "available elements" window to the "main panel" section to your desired position, for instance above the "now playing bar" element. Note: This is not the required location of the plugin, but it is recommended that you position it there.  Hit Save.

zkhcohen

3. A message will appear telling you where to place the plugin's "Dependencies" folder;  extract the whole folder there now.

Stuck here, no message

3.3.7003 version and latest release, musicbee see this plugin (disabled in plugins menu)

Let me know if you continue to have issues after following Sveakul's advice.

I'll try to fix the prompt over the weekend.

HOX

oceanbee

I have just installed the plugin yesterday. Took me a while to figure out how to get it work.

My feedback on the installation process:

1. I am on Window 10. MusicBee Ver 3.2.6902 non-portable.

2. Re: Installation Instructions #3. "A message will appear telling you where to place the plugin's "Dependencies" folder; extract the whole folder there now."

After extracting the file mb_Spectrogram-Display.dll in the Plugin folder and place it in the MusicBee/Plugins, I restarted MusicBee. However, there is no message telling me where to place the "Dependencies" folder.

I spent some time reading through the forum postings and managed to find the correct folder.

The folder should be

C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\".
For my case, it didn't work if I put it in the sub-folder \Plugin (I don't have such a folder and I created one by following the posting quoted by boroda in Reply #2).

Note: The above folder is a hidden folder and users need to enable viewing hidden folders in the window explorer options.

3. For the configuration, the chart is by default grey scale and without the "Frequency Legend" enabled.  As most of us would like to see color chart with the readings on x and y axis. I would suggest the following defaults:
Saturation be 1 instead of 0
Frequency Legend enabled
Color Scheme: Plasma

Great work. Thanks!