Author Topic: MusicBee Remote (Remote Control for Android)  (Read 501251 times)

Alfufu

Hey guys, my phone doesn't want to sync the metadata at all. it throws an error that it's not properly working.

Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 11:18:18 PM by Alfufu

stevland

When I try to install MusicBee Remote through the Web UI nothing happens. And the View Details button only refreshes the page.

On my phone the app isn't listed in the Google Play Store at all. It's just... not there.  :-[

phred

• Global Moderator
The developer of this plugin hasn't been on the forum since last December. The plugin may be abandoned.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

sumsi

is very sad that this begins to die now and no one seem to have use for remotecontrol app (really?  ??? ) of musicbee

here its still working, but whats a real bummer is that one of the "latest" (sry i only update it very unfrequently) musicbee updates seem to have broken the population of the integrated audiobook library

all i can see in the remote app now are the files in the "music" section of musicbee
@Steven

phred

• Global Moderator
@Steven
Steven is not the developer of this plugin. The plugin developer would have to take a look at it to see what is going on. And as I stated a few replies back, the plugin developer hasn't been on the forum since last December.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sumsi

@Steven
Steven is not the developer of this plugin. The plugin developer would have to take a look at it to see what is going on. And as I stated a few replies back, the plugin developer hasn't been on the forum since last December.
im totally aware of this, but the problem i discribed is not in the scope of the plugin but the main program
just investigated a bit and saw that all files in the audiobook section also dont show up in the library statistics

hiccup

im totally aware of this, but the problem i discribed is not in the scope of the plugin but the main program
just investigated a bit and saw that all files in the audiobook section also dont show up in the library statistics
If you are right, that might warrant a MusicBee bug report.
Just make sure you describe it well and make it replicable by others.

Turk

I'm at a loss.

On the help site :-

1.The first field displays the socket status. If the status is Running it means that the plugin is active an listening for incoming connection. This is the normal status and it should not be Stopped. If your status is stopped then something has gone terribly wrong.

something has indeed gone terribly wrong

With very limited knowledge in troubleshooting potential network issues, Im fairly certain all is working as it should minus the plugin that used to work but now doesnt (?)
ANY suggestions would be welcome (I've removed the plugin, reinstalled, gone through network settings / unpaired devices both ways & repaired them : I'm as confident as I can be that its not my pc or phone blocking or refusing to send/receive. Hardware has not changed nor had settings since I last used this cool af tool.
Would be sad to see it go.

BTW Is controlling pc/media with anything or than a kbd & mouse really this difficult? I'd enjoy having my pc rigged to my tv/hifi and control all on the couch with a cheapo tablet but.... seems such a headache for the uninitiated I've barely entertained the thought of doing such.

hiccup

I'd enjoy having my pc rigged to my tv/hifi and control all on the couch with a cheapo tablet but.... seems such a headache for the uninitiated I've barely entertained the thought of doing such.
Probably overkill and not ideal if you only would like to use things like play, pause, next, etc., but you could consider using remote desktop.
(if your tablet isn't a Windows but an Android tablet I believe there is an Android app for it too)
Not sure how that would turn out 'size-wise' though, but using the Compact Player or a Theater Mode might work.

Rolfezz2000

Or you can download the installation file for Android from one of the other stores. E.g. here: https://apkpure.com/musicbee-remote/com.kelsos.mbrc

Turk

Thanks guys ,I have used Remote Desktop, best praise I can give it  is that it works. :) and I'll try reinstalling that version from apkpure

Oddly in my wasted time of attempting to fix what once worked I discovered the soundbar I have hooked up to my pc that I use when not using dac/amp or dac/headphones is that the paired soundbars remote control controls muscibee, even when the audio is routed through my usb connected dac (to amp or headphones)

Its a cheap SHARP soundbar i was given for free, I'd still rather be able to visually pick what I play through musicbee but at least I can change volume, pause/play/ fwd/rewind etc whilst not sat at my pc. (I use Volume 2 (squared) to route audio for different apps to different outs, unsure if that plays into the ability to bypass the soundbar yet still use the the remote control aspect.)

ps the soundbars remote does work with other audio players FYI
Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 06:56:59 AM by Turk

holuschi

Hello,
I have a problem with Musicbee on my new Windows 11 Notebook: after a while (seonds to minutes) the music (from the NAS or Radio steams)  stops and you have to restart MusicBee.
At first I suspected the Theater Mode but the problem also occurs without Theater Mode.

An error is displayed in the left corner of MB and in the error log, the error does not occur as soon as the Musicbee Remote Plugin is deactivated. Does anybody have an idea what I can do?

Here ist the error log:
06.09.2023 11:11:43 - 10.0.22621.0 - 3.5.8631.34314D - System.MissingMethodException: Methode nicht gefunden: "System.DateTime ServiceStack.Text.DateTimeExtensions.FromUnixTime(Int64)".
   bei MusicBeePlugin.AndroidRemote.Model.CoverCache.WarmUpCache(Dictionary`2 paths, Dictionary`2 modified)
   bei MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.PrepareCache()
   bei MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.InitializeCoverCache()
   bei #=zUJAKpGZxgq6yfdHjjg==.#=zqm2GHT7XcF6D(Object #=zqNlpHvY=)

Thank you for your help.

phred

• Global Moderator
Once again, the developer of this plugin has not been on the forum since December 2022, so any help you get may be limited to guesses other users are making.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki