Author Topic: changed skin to album wall and now music bee cant open  (Read 1538 times)

chatham

changed skin to album wall and now music bee cant open.  it throws an error log and shuts down.  how can I get it back to default?

sveakul

Try changing to the back-up copy of the ini file:

1.  Go to the MusicBee/AppData folder on your hard drive

2.  Look for the files "MusicBee3Settings.ini" and "MusicBee3Settings.bak" in that folder;  change the former's extension to something like ".xxx", and the latter's extension from ".bak" to ".ini"

3.  MusicBee should start now using the settings you had before you made the change

chatham

thank you for the tip, however, I looked everywhere for the folder and file you suggest and cant be found.  looked under c:/program files, c/program files (64), looked under c/users ….  and could not find them.  did a search no luck.  unless you have another idea I guess I will have to remove and reinstall.

sveakul

What type (portable, installer, or Windows Store) of MusicBee are you using, and what version (3.2 etc)?

1.  If it's the Portable, the files will be in the MusicBee\Appdata folder wherever you installed it to

2.  If it's the installer the files will be in c:\users\(you)\appdata\roaming\MusicBee folder

3.  Don't know about the Windows Store version except that it's in some bizaare path Windows Store uses, search the forum and you will find that info.

You can also just do a Find/Search in Windows Explorer/File Explorer (set it to also check hidden files/folders) for MusicBee3Settings.ini/bak.  I'm assuming that you are using at least the 3.x version of MB for the name of the settings file.

redwing

changed skin to album wall and now music bee cant open.  it throws an error log and shuts down.  how can I get it back to default?

Are you sure it's Album Wall, a theater mode skin? Not a pastels skin from old versions?
I'd suggest you install latest 3.2 version.

chatham

found the files and made the change and it works.  will go and try some new skins again.  thanks

sveakul

Glad you found them!  As redwing pointed out, now would be a good time to update to the latest MusicBee 3.2 if you haven't done so to eliminate problems with loading certain skins.