Author Topic: [Solved] Stuttering & looping audio  (Read 8106 times)

helloindustries

SOLVED: The windows driver for my audio chip was to blame. I downloaded and installed my motherboard manufacturers audio driver and it's solved the problem.

----------------------

Hi all.

MB has been running perfectly for years now, but has started to give me trouble the last few weeks.

Randomly, but often; Music will sound like a skipping CD/Stutter - It will rarely recover itself, and the app is fully responsive / i can skip track though it will just stutter on that track, too.

I know the MP3/s are 100% fine
    My system has way more RAM than it needs / System is very high-spec
    The drive on which music is stored is an SSD (Corsair MP500) / System drive is an NVME
    MB is running portable from the SSD
    Issue happens regardless of gaming or just web-browsing
    No CPU overload issues (7700k not overclocked)
    No heat issues

What i have tried:

Fresh portable install from scratch
    Moving existing and fresh installs to system NVME drive
    Upgraded current install to latest (this helped a bit, with the occasional recovery and a reduction in frequency)

I suspect it's something to do with the 1803 update of win10, but i can't be sure.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 12:26:27 PM by helloindustries

frankz

Did you post this before and delete it?

You mention everything but your playback settings, which seem relevant to a playback issue. A screen shot of Edit->Edit Preferences->Player would probably help.

Are you using ASIO and is your ASIO driver up to date and if so does it happen with other settings there?
Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 01:44:36 PM by frankz

helloindustries

Did you post this before and delete it?

I posted it then edited the title to include [help], not sure if that has the same effect.

Have also posted about this on reddit.

frankz

Your post count is 5 but your post history shows 3.  There was a very similar thread to this that Steven worked on which I can't find right now, which is why I asked. 

I've updated my original reply with additional information.

helloindustries

Your post count is 5 but your post history shows 3.  There was a very similar thread to this that Steven worked on which I can't find right now, which is why I asked.  

I've updated my original reply with additional information.

I don't recall deleting any posts, but there's a chance, i guess...

Anyhoo, here's that shot you asked for:

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Have you already tried (or have had suggestions you try), unticking all of those check boxes under 'Sound effects'?

helloindustries

Have you already tried (or have had suggestions you try), unticking all of those check boxes under 'Sound effects'?

Hasn't been suggested to me.

Currently changed the sound driver to WASAPI to see if it makes a difference.

helloindustries

Scratch that. Back to DirectSound as WASAPI is exclusive and that's annoying.

Also enabled 32bit output (well, changing to DS did that), and have set tracks to cache in memory to see if that helps.

frankz

This was just a couple of days ago so you'd probably remember.  He'd also recently received a Windows update.  So it sounds like this may be an issue with that update.  I've had it and am having no issues, though.  So it's not everyone.  I'm on 3.2.6737

helloindustries

This was just a couple of days ago so you'd probably remember.  He'd also recently received a Windows update.  So it sounds like this may be an issue with that update.  I've had it and am having no issues, though.  So it's not everyone.  I'm on 3.2.6737

Ahh, not me, then!

I'm running 3.2.6735 which i installed yesterday.

Steven

• Administrator

helloindustries

try the latest patch update:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

helloindustries

Well, some hours later and it's only just done it. I'd say -while not fixed- it's a massive improvement.

Steven

• Administrator
If its still doing it then i would say the change made no difference and it was just down to chance. My guess is you will need to update the sound device driver from the manufacturer as it may have been updated by the windows generic one in the last windows update.

helloindustries

If its still doing it then i would say the change made no difference and it was just down to chance. My guess is you will need to update the sound device driver from the manufacturer as it may have been updated by the windows generic one in the last windows update.

Fair point. I'll try that now.