Author Topic: Export playlist as a Top 40 in order  (Read 1586 times)

byteme67

I want to export a playlist same exact order as I place them in the playlist. i.e. #1 Is This Love - Whitesnake; #2 - Head Games - Foreigner etc. So the playlist order would become the "new track" number so to speak. I did read this https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21940.0 but I got lost after creating the Virtual Device.

Mauser69

I am not sure what you want to do by exporting the playlist.  The order of songs in a playlists starts off in exactly the order you add them - this is called the natural order.  When you export a playlist, I believe it is exported in the natural order, so what more are you looking to do?

byteme67

Like the subject suggests "Top 40". So I want to put the "Top 40" songs oh let's say Week 30 for the year 1989 in the top 40 order starting with number one. Hopefully this helps in clarifying what I want to do.

frankz

You're not saying what kind of problem you're having doing this, saying what steps you're taking, or even asking a question about what you're doing.  I think that's what confusing. 

He asked what you mean by exporting the playlist, even underlining exporting, and that's still unanswered.

This is a really basic function. You add the files to the playlist in the order you want them, and then they're in the playlist in that order.  What's going wrong?

Mauser69

It is even a relatively trivial issue to re-order the play list to change the natural order in case you added the songs in the wrong order.  But you don't say you are having any problems setting up the playlist order, so we have no idea how we might help you.

byteme67

Sorry for not being too clear. I know that the order I place the songs into the playlist would be the order they are played in. Typically I use the Format Converter to make sure all files are MP3's. I play these songs in my vehicle. My current conversion process is sending them out with just Artists Title. I used to export my playlist (convert) using Artist Track Title. This conversion or export is really not a problem when I will let the player in the vehicle just "mix" the songs.

What I am trying to do is have a Casey Kasem or Rick Dees Top 40 of 1986 played in contiguous order starting at either the number 40 song or number 1 song. Obviously I would have to reverse the order if I start at number 40 which would be number 1 because the vehicle radio is not smart enough to play starting at number 40.

So when I convert or export the list can the playlist number become the track number?