Author Topic: "artwork storage" setting for devices is glitched in Preferences  (Read 2101 times)

RavenWorks

1. Attach a device.
2. Go to Edit Preferences > Devices > Portable Device > Configure > Settings.
3. Under "artwork storage", select "embed artwork in the music file", then click Save.
4. Click Configure > Settings again. The embed setting is correct so far.
5. Select "copy to folder.jpg", then click Save.
6. Click Configure > Settings again. It has been set to "do not copy artwork".

sveakul

Hi Ravenworks, re your bug reports it would help others to diagnose them if you would post what version number of MusicBee you are using.  And it's always a good idea to update to the latest version (3.2) first to see if it fixes things, which you can find here:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=24754.msg146154#msg146154

And then by the applying the latest patch, updated almost daily, which for MusicBee 3.2 is here:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

For issues specific to portable devices, it might be better starting in the "Portable Devices" forum just under this one.
Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:41:04 AM by sveakul

RavenWorks

Ahh, sorry about that, I installed it just the other day so I assumed I was still recent (I'm on 3.1.6590 apparently)...

OK, I'm now on 3.2.6728, patched on the link you gave, and the bug is still happening.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
Looking at the code I see no reason for this to occur and dont recall anyone else reporting this, so i will leave this unsolved as I cant reproduce any issues

RavenWorks

Is there any kind of log or preferences file that I could send to show what state it's winding up in, or something?

Steven

• Administrator
if you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) i will have a quick look

RavenWorks

Aha! In the process of trying to see how it affected the settings file, I realised a step I was missing -- this bug only happens if the device is currently connected!

Steven

• Administrator
In that case the device is indicating it doesnt support artwork files. I guess i can change it to ignore that status

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

you might want to double check the folder.jpg files are actually created and viewable on the device

RavenWorks

Replaced the files, the bug still happens. Preference gets reset in Preferences > Devices, but as long as it's set in the Portable Device tab (rather than in the preferences), the copy works fine -- the folder.jpg shows up on my device as it should.

Steven

• Administrator
The bug is with your device not reporting the artwork support status correctly. I find it hard to believe the new version doesnt work but in any case i will leave it unsolved.