Author Topic: Removing certain tag fields.  (Read 1298 times)

ddiehl

First a little background..

Instead of using playlists I like to create my own albums which are usually compilations I put together from several actual albums by the same artist and manually add track numbers so they play in the order I'd like. The only tags I use are Artist - Album name (which I use the name of the artist) - Track Number.. That's it. All other fields are left empty.

Now here's where it gets weird. After awhile I notice that the Album Artist field somehow re-populates and when this happens it screws up the track sequence I've manually assigned in my 'albums'.. I have no idea where it is pulling this info. Maybe MusicBee only modifies the tags in the library and it's pulling this info back in from the meta-data on the files themselves..?..

Let's set that aside for a moment.. Is there a way that when I right click - choose edit the dialog box only shows the fields I select Artist - Album - Track?

Thanks.. I know this is a bizarre request..

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I know the vertical tag editor supports customization of fields, although not sure if it's to that extent.

MusicBee should be changing the files themselves, so not sure what would be going on. You can check the actual tag content of the files using the Tag Inspector.

Is the album artist field actually're-populating, pr is it just treating the artist as the album artist? That's expected behavior, unless you have the compilation flag set and an album artist defined in sorting/grouping preferences.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)