Author Topic: Search in library explorer: First found entry is hidden by the search field  (Read 1506 times)

Adson

I found a little problem when searching for album Artists in the library explorer.

The first found entry always is displayed behind the search field instead below it.

I have taken two screenshots to show what happens.

In this example I was searching for Albums by Mike Oldfield:

Screenshot 1:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkd7rnk77quk2rw/mb-search01.jpg?dl=0

Screenshot 2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aoqxfwkwuoh0efk/mb-search02.jpg?dl=0

As you can see the first entry "Mike Oldfield" is hidden by the search field. Instead of "Mike Oldfield" the next following entry "Mike Oldfield - DJKJ" is displayed.

It's no big deal but it would be nice if it could be fixed in the future.
Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:10:35 AM by Adson

Steven

• Administrator
the search starts from the current selected node. If you highlight the very top node before starting the search it should find the first instance

Adson

Steven, thanks for your reply.

I found out that the behaviour of the search function seems to be a bit more complex:

For example I have several entries (album artists) that start with "Mike Oldfield". The first one simply is "Mike Oldfield", the second one is "Mike Oldfield (Pekka Pojohla), the third one is "Mike Oldfield / Bedford" and so on.

When I begin to type into the search field everything is OK as long as I type the first 3 characters "Mik". The the first entry of the MO-entries is shown and visible.

As soon as I type the fourth character "e" ("Mike") the list scrolls down for one entry so that the first entry "Mike Oldfield" is hidden behind the search field.

This goes on with every additional character I type. The list scrolls down for one entry with every single character I type. Finally - when I have typed in "Mike Oldfield" not the first entry "Mike Oldfield" is the first search result but "Mike Oldfield y Diego Cortes Pastosi" which is the 12th of my album artists that start with "Mike Oldfield ...".