Author Topic: Syncing music library to android - relative playlists  (Read 1979 times)

RejectedPotato

I have been using MusicBee's sync feature to sync my library for quite a while now however I would like to do so instead by syncing via cloud where my music is already stored. The only problem is my playlists would need to have a relative path. The only ways I can do this is through sync via MusicBee or editing the playlist. Editing the playlist only works as a temporary solution since upon a change to the playlist, the playlist is set back to having absolute file paths.

So my question... Is it possible to maintain relative file paths for my playlists even after they are changed from MusicBee and if not, is there a workaround to my problem?

I am using FolderSync to sync my music and Poweramp as a media player on my phone.

Thanks.

Mauser69

You can export MB playlists with either relative paths or base file mapping (see Preferences | Library).  One of those might meet your needs.

You can also export MB playlists in XSPF format, which by definition is SUPPOSED to be independent of the underlying file structure - in my testing so far, I do not think XSPF is implemented correctly in MusicBee, but I am not sure.  If one of the first options does now work for you, I would suggest you see if your android player can import an XSPF playlist, then give that a try.

phred

• Global Moderator
You can also SYNC with or without relative paths.
Preferences > Devices > [select your device] > Configure > Settings > Playlist Storage > Save As Format > Use Relative File Path
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here