Author Topic: Probs with "date added" feature  (Read 1757 times)

eddi

• Writer / Music Blog / MusicBee Power User
I must admit i´m a bit annoyed...
for a while i notice that i have to manually add the time and date within mb when files are included.
i said ok, i normally edit the tags, art etc.  so i can also add the time and date as well..though it´s tiring.

but for me it makes sense to have all the files in the right order....or sort files by different tags etc...

the problem that occured today after i extracted the latest update patch MusicBee32_Patched_3.2.6721.35740:
all the entries are gone and all files are set back to 01.01.0001. crazy...

Is it a MB problem or does anyone have a clue what´s wrong ?

cheers eddi

Steven

• Administrator
I dont know what happened but i can tell you there is no code in the older or current version that resets the date added.
You dont need to manually edit it. It gets set when a file is first added to the Inbox or Music/ Audio Book Library

frankz

Can confirm that "Date Added"s that I brought when I imported my MediaMonkey library going as far back as 2009 are still in my files in version 6721.

eddi

thanks for the answers.
its a bit weird...

just to show you what happended:

here all the files now have the date 01.01.0001.
"fortunaltely" its just a sub folder of my library where i edit the files before i add them to the main library. it was all ok until today and it will take me a lot of time to manually reset more than 400 files to the original import date and time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v3mrl1ohxv9j1o7/date%20added%20-%20set%20back.jpg?dl=0

here you can see how it should be:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfyqfucr34xoeqi/date%20added%20-%20re-edited.jpg?dl=0

i will re-install music be from the scratch...maybe this will help

cheers
eddi

frankz

Maybe you have a backup copy of your library around from before the corruption that you can restore?

eddi

yes, i have a copy of that --- MusicBee3Settings.ini --- file
but i wanted to clean-install win10 1803 so maybe things will resolve this way

thx
eddi

redwing

Date added is stored along with other metadata in MusicBeeLibrary.mbl file in your library folder.
I don't think it's about your Windows but you might have moved those files or changed their filename with MB closed. Hence MB no longer recognize them as existing files.
If you restore their original file URL and open MB again, then it might recognize them again showing their date added values.

for a while i notice that i have to manually add the time and date within mb when files are included.

If you have properly imported your files to either inbox or library, that can't happen. I wonder you ever imported your files to the library.

eddi

Your right. Changing filenames or moving files to another directory or folder causes these problems too. So that I have to add the values within MB again etc.
That's something I realised before my problem occurred.

The thing is that it happened almost from one moment to another to 430 files. Files that were edited correctly. I didn't remove them. I didn't change their filenames. All I can say is that I patched MB, opened it and then saw the "mess".

Nomally when files are new I put them for example in a download folder. Them I open MB go to the library browser and open the folder where the file is located. I edit them and normally things are OK....

Anyway I clean-installed my windows 1803 now. I would've done it even it the MB prob wasnt there.

If the prob is there after I reinstalled MB
I let you kniw

Cheers eddi

phred

• Global Moderator
Changing filenames or moving files to another directory or folder causes these problems too.
Are you changing filenames/moving files from within MB? Or are you using a file explorer to do that? If that latter, that could be your problem since MB loses track of where the files were and sees the renamed/moved files as new. Always rename/move using MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

eddi

Nope. That's what I told before.
I didn't move or rename 430 files in that specific folder.
On the pics I posted above you can see that I'm using the internal MB library explorer to get to the files. There I edit them. In my view i did what I normally do.

I know that renaming or removing the original files makes MB see them as new files to be edited. But that was not the case.

However... If the problem appears again after I reinstalled MB I let you know here

Thx
Cheers eddi

eddi

I just wanted to let you know that I probably found a possible -simple- solution.

As you can see in this picture (on the left hand side)  I opened my MB Library called "Masterfile". Then i go to the folder where my files are via MB Explorer and there my edited files have the right tags, date etc. So far, so good.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7q3mz2wq2jdulta/1.%20MB%20Masterfile%20Library%20open.jpg?dl=0

on the second picture i opened another library called "mp3new". Once aagain i go the the same folder as before and NOW you can see my files have no date. as i mentioned when i posted this problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3bvpn511uo3mn27/2.%20MB%20MP3%20Library%20open.jpg?dl=0

I didn´t realise that in the first place. but yesterday i noticed that. Phew!

Now that i found out what causes this "problem" i can handle it.

But is that something you can edit in the MB source Code or something or is it too trivial?

cheers eddi