Author Topic: 'Go To Playing...' - (hotkey) behaviour change ?  (Read 1125 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
I used to be able to, and have had this hotkey since forever:
'General: Got To Playing Track at Source' = F
( I don't even remember if this is a default or a custom hotkey...)

And this used to jump to the playing track in the following order:
- (IF the playing track is also in the currently active tab/view (playlist/main library), no matter if it has been trigger from this view or not) -> jump to track in the currently active tab/view [which is what I really want & found to work as such when I configured/got used to using this -]
- (and IF the playing track is NOT in the currently active tab/view, and only then) -> jump to track in the tab/view it playback has been triggered 'in' / 'from'

What I do see now though is a rather different behaviour, and this seems to have started on the last version occasionally (I did use a patch from 18_05_06 last, before swapping it to the latest 3.2.6721 today), and even more extreme and differently again on the latest (= 3.2.6721), i.e. what I see, opposed to the above expected behaviour (for me):
- (IF the playing track is in the currently active tab/view) -> it jumps to a tab I do not actively use to trigger any playbacks (fyi - a tab that is set to Album Cover view with tracks only showing upon selection) - this is pretty consistent in 3.2.6721 and unwanted behaviour for me.
- in the previous version, which was from around 2018_05_06 - 'General: Got To Playing Track at Source' via F, would also jump to a differnt tab, but more consistently back to where the track playback was triggered from. Which was more consistent than the latest, but also undesirable for me.

Was there a conscious change to the ''General: Got To Playing Track' behaviour in recent versions ?
Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Hm, looks like there's more erratic-ness to this...  looks like I'm getting 2 behaviours now... the above behaviour where it 'jumps to a tab I do not actively use to trigger any playbacks' - did happen for a bit, but now this has stopped, instead the currently active tab 'loads' the sources' tab source into itself.
i.e. if the track started playback inside a playlist - my main music tab, when I hit F, then 'becomes' the playlist with the view attached (indicated by content & name of the playlist in the header above) plus a 'back' arrow at the top of MB becoming active to exit the 'playlist view'/'source view' again.
I saw this previously as well, but since I do dislike this behaviour a lot - as I want to keep the tabs/views/layouts as they are - my fall back was to only use F to go to the playing track on views that hold all of my library... whereas, this seems not to hold true anymore.
Churs.
c.

alec.tron

Hm, some more playing around with this, looks like tabs and playlists that actually hold the playing track now do auto-focus/center on the currently playing track consistently... so I might not need the olde F hotkey to focus on the playing track anymore when jumping around tabs & playlists as I use to...
So seems like a behaviour/usage change on my part is due :D
Churs.
c.

Steven

• Administrator
nothing has been changed with this function for a long time

for the record, the logic is:
- is the current playing tracks entirely sourced from the same orign using a single action eg. specific Playlist or Music Library. If yes, then find a tab with the origin starting with the current tab
- otherwise using the origin of the playing file, find a tab with the origin starting with the current tab
Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:18:29 PM by Steven

alec.tron

Thanks for the logic explanation! These are super helpful!

Also - is it by chance possible to configure 'find a tab with the origin starting with the current tab' part to the following:
- not load the source tab into the currently active tab (therefore altering the contents of the currently active tab [with a <- back button turning active to undo the action] )
- but instead switch the active tab directly (so the source of the playing track then becomes the active tab ?)

Not sure if this makes sense for anyone else... :D
Cheers.
c.